Relocated my Battery today

Ken in AZ

ill-tempered
I started the day off planning on just an oil change, trans fluid change, and axle fluid change....switching all fluids to amsoil and I noticed that my Negative battery terminal had quite a bit of corrosion going on. I had noticed the past few times I've worked on my truck that I got some holes on the front of my shirt...guess I know where they came from now :bang

anyway, I started taking things apart, broke out the baking soda and water and went to town de-acidizing the problem areas. then it hit me, what iff I move my battery to where my BHAF is and vice versus. well 5 hours later...........:ylsuper:
SSPX0240.JPG

SSPX0238.JPG

SSPX0241.JPG

SSPX0239.JPG

SSPX0242.JPG

I also took my air hose and blew out my BHAF from the inside out.....bunch of dirt came out

Result = 2 more psi raising my total boost to 47psi:woohoo: :ylsuper: I did change more than one condition, so did the position change really do anything? or is it because the BHAF was almost clogged and I blew it out caused the increase of boost, maybe the amsoil cause the turbo to boost easier...maybe all those combined helped....who cares, now my truck runs like a raped ape

BTW I did do the oil change :D trans and rear axle fluid change tomorrow

I done the same thing :ylsuper: it wasnt to bad , yrs is turned oppisite from mine, did u use the factory studs from the fender well? Looks good

Attachments

• P1010205.JPG
    P1010205.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 31
Do you have to extend any cables?

My idea is hide batteryes under cab floor ,to make more room for twins.

i didnt i routed the + back around the firewall ,from the pics ken did also

jambbii said:
You should have just taken it out, we only need one batt. in az!LOL
In winter I need a least 3 batterys:kick:

Rods said:
I done the same thing :ylsuper: it wasnt to bad , yrs is turned oppisite from mine, did u use the factory studs from the fender well? Looks good

nah, just zipped in some sheet metal screws....what can i say, I was running out of daylight :)

I did have to drill out the tray for the airbox studs though...all in all was pretty easy, now my clutch is slippin :frown: