"REPEAT OFFENDER" - Swoles back at it!

Most of it comes from the secondary not being small enough, and the primary not being large enough. The last truck I saw that seemed to match ratios at high power was Sean Gammel's truck at DPC a few years ago, which had a 58mm and 95mm. Problem is (or so I've heard) it's hard to keep bearing and shafts in turbos that small with the boost we're running. Eric Brown also made 1138rwhp with a 62mm and 95mm with a matched pressure ratio, but he bent the shaft on the 62. The atmospheric never saw more than 26psi.

This may just be the route I'll go someday!!
There's a memeber here that has spoken with me about his setup and says the same thing.
He has the same secondary I have 64/65/13 but his primary is a bad Arse 488 with a billet wheel... He swares by this combo for spool and big power.
He's in the 900's and doesn't yet have access to EFI or better tuning..

He told me to save for the badest s400 I can afford and have a perfect street / strip monster... Sounds like this may be the way to go.

Any nay sayers on his idea??

db9d0aa6.jpg

Believe it or not im standing just on the other side of my friends Red Chevy truck in this pic. Next time im down there if i see ya ill stop and say howdy. Good looking truck!

That buy Swole is refering too is me...I got nothing to hide...lol.

My combo goes...

10 0
15 4
20 7
30 10
40 15
50 20
60 30
70 35
80 40
90 50

Lol

Believe it or not im standing just on the other side of my friends Red Chevy truck in this pic. Next time im down there if i see ya ill stop and say howdy. Good looking truck!

You the guy in the red shirt!!

Either way, stop by if you see my truck there...

That buy Swole is refering too is me...I got nothing to hide...lol.

My combo goes...

10 0
15 4
20 7
30 10
40 15
50 20
60 30
70 35
80 40
90 50

Lol

Thanks man!
Just wasn't my place to give your setup away.

Shoot Swole...no worries....I gave up years ago when everybody that was cool had to have a 66/71 or 74/16 over at S400 because I had no clue. Well...I am still driving these twins...250k later and almost 4 digit power and they are still complaining about spool, smoke, rattle and low dyno numbers.

I do clamp my wastegate almost shut on a dynojet....not enough load. The numbers above are on the street....with my trailer in tow. ;)

You the guy in the red shirt!!

Either way, stop by if you see my truck there.

No thats Allen. But next time im there Ill for sure take a peek at your truck if i see ya.

You might recognize my truck, Im the guy that stopped up the Show and shine because some trash got in my needle and seat coming out of turn 4 and my truck flooded out on the front stretch. Had to get some one to pull me off so i could fix it :bang

downsized_0615021634.jpg

Last edited:
Just to add to the mix, we don't have any consistent runs yet, as we have been fighting other gremlin's but, I can quite easily very the output on the race truck from. 130psi overall with ~ 42psi out of the primary, to 75psi overall with 60+psi out of the primary (gauge runs out at 60psi and it is pinned). We run a JGS 50mm gate between stages.

The compressor map for the S475 that you have, has a pretty wide efficiency area. You have a range from about 26psi to almost 60psi.

I have a 66/16SS over a 488. The difference in hp between the 64/13SS and the 66/16SS (both on top of the 488), is very small. The 64 does spool better.

It will take you some playing to come up with the "perfect" wastegate combo. My preference (for what I use the truck for), is to adjust the rod on the waste gate pretty tight without limiting full travel. I then use a ball and seat type boost controller (no boost creep), to fully open the wastegate quickly, once total boost is up.

I'm running about 45psi primary, and 82psi total. From the data log earlier this year, launching at 15psi total (~3psi primary), total boost hits 60psi in 1.2 seconds. By the time it hits 60psi total the wastegate is fully open, and the additional boost gain to 82psi is done mainly by the primary.

Paul

Paul...

I in no way was refering to you btw. You are my idol in tuning. You are one of the few guys really getting it done. I was refering to the rattle, smoke, slow spool crowd that does not take advice well.

What is the elevation you typically run your truck at?

I thought you were using a spring gate controller...I would like to know more about your set up. Pm if you need.

I have everything apart for a 250k inspection and freshening. I will also be using a volute flapper this time to even get faster spool response this time. I hope it does not become a tuning nightmare.

Swole come on down to white plains for the sled pull this fall and hook that beast up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swole come on down to white plains for the sled pull this fall and hook that beast up

LOL

Jeff Garmon would kick my A$$ if I went sled pulling with my truck!! lol

I should come hang out and watch for sure, but I'm not a "Hooking" kind guy... lol

Haha it's a different seen for sure possibly a "lot" harder on the truck but there will be a dyno as well it's a good time either way

lol my car isnt race ready and ill just get my doors blown off my big 4x4 truck. Sucks you gotta work.

Swole does the plasti dip paint stick to cast aluminum?

It's a vinyl rubber spray really.
I think it sticks to just about any surface with proper cleaning and 4-5 coats.

All you can do is try. It'll peel right off if you don't like the results.

I had my grille sprayed for about 6 months did really well got 2 cans and tapped off the rear bumper it's turned out horrible i guess I got a bad can it didn't spray smooth at all more like a bad line x

I had my grille sprayed for about 6 months did really well got 2 cans and tapped off the rear bumper it's turned out horrible i guess I got a bad can it didn't spray smooth at all more like a bad line x

A guy at work did his badges and he didn't let it dry long enough between coats, he thinks that was the problem.