Reverse rotation billet wheel.

SmokinCAT

Cheap and Easy.
Looking to go up in compressor wheel size on my HT4 and was curious if any one knew of any shops that might be capable of producing a wheel like this.

Looking to go up in compressor wheel size on my HT4 and was curious if any one knew of any shops that might be capable of producing a wheel like this.

Send them e-mail, seems like a good company: Most Options | KTS Turbo Billet X

I wouldn't make any bigger than Holset has to offer, it will be too much for the exhaust wheel. Just make stock size with modern aerodynamics.

What size are you running now? I believe the HT80's could be reverse compatible for building an HT4/HT80 hybrid, however, the biggest HT80 compressor I've personally seen is 89mm with a monstrous exducer.

Here's an 82.3mm HT4B side by side with an HT80 89mm:

HT802_zps9cb72779.jpg

HT806_zps0582b02b.jpg

The HT80 does have a bigger turbine wheel in it:
HT808_zps67b3186d.jpg

We have been using that 89mm wheel in HT4, made over 1200hp used with L10 Cummins. I thought it was factory option for HT4 ?

We have been using that 89mm wheel in HT4, made over 1200hp used with L10 Cummins. I thought it was factory option for HT4 ?

What's the exducer diameter on that 89mm HT4 that you ran on the L10 Cummins? I believe the HT80 exducer is almost 140mm.

My HT4B has the smaller 82.4mm x 126.9mm compressor wheel & the 118.3 x 88mm turbine wheel.

HT4B011.jpg

HT4B013.jpg

HT4B015.jpg

HT4B014.jpg

I am running an HT80 wheel, backing plate, and cover. The wheel is 88/139mm.

I have different turbo that has a similar inducer to the 4B but the same exducer as the Ht80 but there is about an inch difference in the ht4 backing plate and the ht80 plate.

It sounds like you've already played out the hybrid HT4/HT80 card.

Is it worthwhile to try a bushed bore HT100 compressor wheel assuming the shaft diameter is larger than the HT80 and would require a bushing in the compressor bore?

The HT100 wheel would take major modification to get it down to the proper dimensions, last one I saw had a exducer of over 6 inches, and yes there would have to be something figured out for a bushing as the ht100 has a 1/2" shaft versus the 7/16" for the Ht4.

What's the exducer diameter on that 89mm HT4 that you ran on the L10 Cummins? I believe the HT80 exducer is almost 140mm.
It was almost 140mm, it was called HT4C , that's why I thought it came like that from the factory.

Backpressure started to climb higher than boost so I think there's no use to change to even bigger compressor if the turbine is the limiting factor.

Smaller compressor made about 1075 hp.

HX60 turbine flows more than HT4 and todays 82mm compressors makes same power than that 88/89mm HT wheel.

If I have to I will use the HT80 turbine, which is a G trim reverse wheel and have a housing machined, that will take care of the pressure issues.

The only exhaust housing available is that 42cm thing that is meant for the 903 and is not a normal flange. I have talked to people that have taken a larger ht4 housing and machined it to fit the Ht80 bearing housing, but I used the bearing housing to fix my HX82.

The only exhaust housing available is that 42cm thing that is meant for the 903 and is not a normal flange. I have talked to people that have taken a larger ht4 housing and machined it to fit the Ht80 bearing housing, but I used the bearing housing to fix my HX82.

I just so happen to have a new HT80 with a 32cm exhaust housing. It was a military surplus purchase and was originally designed to run in a Bradley Tank.

I can get some part numbers from it if that helps you.

If its the one in your picture, it looks as though it is a different flange than what the HT4 uses. If I am going to have to change the flange design then I will just switch to a standard rotation turbo as I have a couple of those to build off of.

I have a bunch of new reverse rotation g-trim wheels and a 92mm ht80 billet. My ht 80 has a 31cm housing. They look really big because of their shape.

Cummins part number would be nice, it will be a 7 digit number probably starting with the numbers 35. This is something that no one has been able to provide that claims to have a small housing for a HT80. Most like it is a HT4 housing that has been machined to fit the G trim wheel and 8 bolt bearing housing.

3528850 is the part number stamped on my new HT80 with 35cm housing. It is that irregular 4" round divided entry that you didn't want.