review and results of the 09 season!

Sonic_Superduty

Common RAILHER!!
well now that the pulling season here in ohio is pretty much over,its time for new plans and time for tear down again.... now I would like to thanks trusted performance,eric @ innovative,doug@ gogo,LIL`E,and everyone else that has helped me make this possible for this year!!!

It all started off in january, when I decided to take the 8" lift off and drop down to a leveling kit. just to get it ready for 2.6 class. then we tore the truck and motor down, to recieve egr delete, studs,heads,fuel system,injectors,turbo and some new oem parts to the motor....
The truck rolled into the shop in feb.and went under the tool to get turned into the 2.6 puller I have wanted. It got studs heads and stage 1 and 2 fuel system from trusted. well I ran into the typical cracked heads, I sent my heads to doug @ gogo and he sent me a new set to get my project rolling again. I happened to get back on the project 2 weeks later due to the lift being tied up.. the motor got dropped back in and was running in early may..

Now with 34 miles on the motor it was entered in its first tug-a-truck (since the suspension changes and mods) well it didnt turn out all that great due to a leaking up-pipe.. went back to the shop and fixed it. first weekend in june it went to sidney tug-a-truck where it got 2nd place on friday nite,turned around and went to the atley farm and cleaned house sat. I did 3 more tugs after that and resulted in 2 wins and one 2nd..
August rolled in and I decided it needed the rest of its fuel and air, I wanted to pull at schied extravaganza... so I recieved the stage 3 fuel system from trusted. then me and LIL`E proceeded to drop the tank for a new pick up tube and run the -10 lines foward to the filters and A-1000 pump, we also insalled the oil/fuel bowl delete at this time. the injectors went in, and the trusted 66mm charger... went to schied for the pull and well my luck it seems I had dropped an injector. well eric@ innovative came back and helped me pull it out at schied. the out come was o-rings and all of the pass. side inj.hold downs backed off tq. which I had put them at 27 ft. lbs. like the factory says. didnt get to pull, brought it home and re-oringed all injectors,tqd. them to 35 ft. lbs and went to a pull in waynesfield and ended up 2nd,297.3 (got beat by a 2.8 p-pumped cummins) next was a brush pull at kenton. where I ended up 3rd out of 32 trucks, distance was 301.6. let me explain that I was a underdog for sure due to some nasty local 2.6 and 2.8 trucks, I couldnt believe it for how well it did its 2nd time out. then I went to mendon where I didn fare to well and had to pull in open class ended up 4th out of 5 or 6 trucks. that heavy sled put a hurt on the stock trans or so I thought. due to the 456 gears and 33s I was in need of another gear, so I contacted eric about a over drive lock out tune, he sent it.Ihad the talked to chad @ trusted about the trans to let him know it was possibly limping. he had said he was suprised its still together due to the same inj. turbo on another truck only lasted two passes at the drag strip. I then went to wapak for another sled pull. where I did 2nd place out of 28 trucks i did 298.2 and snapped a stub shaft in the process... and this is where my season has ended for this year... I must say the driveabilty of the charger is pretty decent and will see as much as 35-38lbs on the street and 50-54 lbs on the sled, egts are around 1300 on the street and I have seen any where from 14-1600 on the sled. I am very impressed with how well all of trusteds products have worked and will recommend them to anybody out there...
Plans for this year are a dana 80 rear end, trans with 2200 stall,cam,push rods,springs and a few other goodies. I would like to thank everyone here on compd for the help and thank you for checkin this out... here are some pics enjoy!!:rockwoot:

Attachments

• l_44f5b6fb7c6e4d608a25eee4b1324767.jpg
    l_44f5b6fb7c6e4d608a25eee4b1324767.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 47
  • 2.6 puller 006.jpg
    2.6 puller 006.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 47
  • 2.6 puller 008.jpg
    2.6 puller 008.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 39
and a few more pics..enjoy!

Attachments

• Picture 045.jpg
    Picture 045.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 28
  • Picture 051.jpg
    Picture 051.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 22
  • Picture 049.jpg
    Picture 049.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 32
Man I love the way this truck turned out. It was an awesome season and I cant wait to get back into it and get it ready for next season. Thanks again Lance for this opportunity.

No problem, Im for the road less traveled you know! I love it when i go to these pulls and people ask me if its a 6.0,,I say yeah why? well it must be screwd up? I say why is that? it hazes like a cummins that aint normal!!!LOL well it aint your normal 6.0.
I love how it runs, I just cant believe how well it was dialed when I got the charger and the injectors, eric did some tuning and that was it! just wait for next year :evil it seems around here its starting to become a rpm game as well, guys with common rails are look to turn 5k and its now gonna be there or close, due to the new bosch tuning software available. and well the dmaxes im gonna be playing with the likes of evan davis and matt gainer lol and how many 2.6 6.0s are around here? none except me that I know of. there are gonna be some new tricks on the truck as of next year so just sit back and I will keep you all posted!!! oh here is a vid I got from kenton its side ways, as it was taken with a dig. camera sorry Lance slep pulling at the Kenton fair Video by Kate - MySpace Video