REVO TNT software now available

Bob Wagner

Comp Diesel Sponsor
For download. be very careful .

Tuning instructions for the REVOlution TNT software
We provide you a whole new tuning concept with a hand held performance tuner.
For the first time the Cummins engine performance tuning software can now be customized by the customer.
The REVOlution starts here!
How does it work?
If you prefer Smarty's default software configuration, simply skip the “Adjust Options” menu and choose the CaTCHER level you
prefer. If you want to change the default setting of any (or all…) of the customizable items, you can enter the “ Adjust Options”
menu , navigate with the “ > “ and “ < “ keys to the item you want to customize and enter your choice. Done! Smarty will do the
rest. Once the end of the item list is reached, Smarty will store your selections in its memory. In this way, your preferred selections
will be applied every time you program your truck. As a simple example, if you set the Speed-limiter to “100”, Smarty will always use
that value for all ECM updates, until you change the value again or return the truck back to stock. When you enter the “ECM
update“ menu you will find the chapter: “Adjust Options“. Once entered, this menu allows you to choose among following items and
levels of customization.
Foreword:
The REVO TNT software has been written for trucks with extensive modifications. The horsepower levels start around 100 Hp on
CaTCHER # 1 and reach 230 additional Hp on CaTCHER # 9. These HP gains are referred to a “close to stock” engine but
depending on your modifications can be more. With correctly modified and tuned engines we have seen gains in the 400+ Hp range
above the stock software. On the higher settings a stock engine can NOT take full advantage of it because the fuel and air supply
from the stock parts are simply not enough .Aftermaket, turbo, injectors, lift pump, injection pump, automatic transmission AT LEAST
are required! Also a good insurance against valve float at high boost levels is a good set of stiffer valve springs. If you need valve
springs or not depends upon several factors like max boost pressure reached, rev range and of course the mileage of the stock
springs.
Speed-limiter:
From 25 to 250 mph in one mile increments
Torque Management:
# 0 - Default
# 1 - Stock
# 2 - Mild
# 3 - Moderate
# 4 - Wild ( aftermarket clutch / AT Transmission recommended )
Then higher the # you choose then less torque management remains and then more aggressive the throttle response becomes.
Shift defuel:
# 0 - Stock (On)
# 1 - Off
Often called erroneously “ torque management”, this function disables the stock software engine power de rate during
automatic transmission shifts or boosted launch. Please note that the shift light indicator on the dash will also become disabled.
ATTENTION! The use of this feature is potentially DANGEROUS even for the best build aftermaket transmission!!!
Do not even THINK to use it with a stock transmission or a simple valve body! Full billet is a must here!
Injection Timing:
# 0 - Default
# 1 - Stock
# 2 - for aftermarket injectors
# 3 - for Hugh aftermarket Injectors ( less timing advance than # 2 )
# 4 – for use with NOs ( less timing advance than level # 3 )
The odd numbered SW's ( 1,3,5,7 & 9 ) use the advanced timing and the even numbered SW's ( 2,4,6 & 8 ) use the stock timing.
This is only true if you do not adjust the options! With the Revo you can choose ANY timing you want, no matter if the Catcher you'll
download is odd or even! You CAN, add timing to the software's that have none, or use the stock timing in the odd # ones. Your
pleasure.... By definition for all adjustable options the default is # 2. EXCEPT for the timing. The timing has two defaults. # 1 for the
even numbered SW's ( stock timing ) # 2 for the odd numbered SW ( advanced timing ). To avoid confusion and to help the customer
in returning all levels to default ( if need be ), key # 0 is used to return Smarty back to the default levels. This is most important for
the timing. When Smarty is set back to default with key # 0, the even numbered software's will use the stock timing and the odd
numbered ones the advanced timing.
The injection timing is critical for the engine responsiveness and overall performance. The difference between one timing level and
the next one can be as much as 85Hp! Which is the right one? That depends upon the mods done to the engine.... The only valid
way to find out is a dyno. Boost pressure readings “per se” just don't do the trick. A more advanced timing will typically produce
less boost than a more retarded one but that does not mean that the more advanced timing provides less power.
Rail pressure:
# 0 - Default
# 1 - Stock
# 2 - Mild
# 3 – Moderate
# 4 – Wild*
* In order to avoid damage to the injection system, do not use for prolonged time.
Wastegate: ( for the 2004.5 and up trucks with the electronic wastegate only )
# 0 - Stock (On)
# 1 - Off ( for aftermarket turbo )
www.madselectronics.com

http://www.madselectronics.com/downloadfiles/S06_V414A_DR55TNT.7z

thanks bob putting this program on the market

i wish there was a way to repay you and macro
i guess spreading the word to others will help you out

cant wait to try it i just need to figure out how to down load the program

:woohoo::Cheer::clap:

Bob,
Great instructions,
What exactly does the speed limiter do other than the obvious. What makes 150 less than 250. Hey,I have a smarty and do some mods but a mechanic I am not so laugh if you will but I just need to know.
I have a 2004.5 / htt71/64/13 ss, 5" turbo back, open air intake, stock injectors, stock CP3, Fass pump, BD intake, SB DD 3250. I was at 499hp with the 4.11 smarty program.
What would you recommend for this set up. I want power, I do not tow and I drive this truck very little ( I have company car ). When I do drive it I drive it hard.

Thanks,
Jeff :thankyou2:

Last edited:
Bob, curious why wild rail pressure is not recomended for extended time. I never see more than 24-25k, and currently only seeing 22.5k at full boogie (running wild rail pressure)

Bob, this unit rocks, to the tune of a 10.84 @ 128 MPH at August Blackout. And that was only set on level 8 with tq management off. and no timing. there is so much more left there it is scary.

thanks again Bob and Marco

Kevin