Road armor or road rhino bumper experience

countryman2672

Anyone have any experience with these. I've read the bashing on other threads and just wanted to get some honest answers from a good forum. Thanks

Road Rhino is a GREAT company, run by a GREAT person

I live about 40 minutes from his shop and have stopped by there to talk to Elijah (owner) a few times

He sells a great product and is extremely customer service oriented......do not read or believe anything on Pavementsucks.com about RR, very immature people

I would have bought a RR bumper, but I found a fully loaded Buckstop Baja for a steal

2.jpg

3.jpg

thats great to hear. i figured they were all blowing stuff out of proportion. I just wanted to make sure its a good product and that I would get quick delivery, especially with problems like what road armor was having.

Is alien patrol still around? Those are similar as well I believe... to give you another option.

For the price and service, Road Rhino is hard to beat

Alien Patrol had a ton of issues with product delivery

I'm looking at rr right now the wiu kits are awesome in price I just gotta see if my buddy will help me out with them.

I did the weld it yourself kit, front and rear. Or should I say I assisted. A good friend of mine is a welder/fabricator and together we got it done. Turned out real nice. It is alot more work than I thought it would be. About 12hrs of welding and equally as much if not more grinding and smoothing all the seams. Did some minor customizing to them. Added expanded metal over the light holes and closed in the top of the front bumper where they left it open for winch access.
DSC00992.jpg

DSC00990.jpg

DSC00988.jpg

DSC00986.jpg

DSC00980.jpg

DSC00978.jpg

I got tired of them already and pulled them off the truck! lol Might consider selling them if ur interested.

Last edited:
i bought the wiy RR bumper

i wouldnt hesitate to buy another, very nice kit, welded up very easy. for the price you cant beat it

A few of the welding. Sorry for the full size pics. Photobucket thumbnails aren't working for some reason.
DSC00954.jpg

DSC00951.jpg

DSC00944.jpg

DSC00943.jpg

DSC00942.jpg

DSC00938.jpg

DSC00936.jpg

2011-03-12_16-26-53_375.jpg

2011-03-12_16-03-34_810.jpg

Last edited:
I wish i would have got on and saw your post, I just ordered a front/rear wiy kit, Elijah was great and is working with me to get it out asap. I cant wait to get it finished. Those pics are great and Ill probably use them in my set up lol. You really can't beat the prices 1070 shipped w/ a pre-runner guard thats not even close to a road armor front base... Now im considering paint vs rhino liner. I have a two tone black over silver and Idk to get rid of the two tone eventually or go all out with it and do bumpers and flares to match

Those road rhino bumpers look awesome, that price is great to. I'd put one on if I had a 4x4

Here are some pics

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Picture2.jpg
    Picture2.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Picture3.jpg
    Picture3.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Picture4.jpg
    Picture4.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 0
I wish i would have got on and saw your post, I just ordered a front/rear wiy kit, Elijah was great and is working with me to get it out asap. I cant wait to get it finished. Those pics are great and Ill probably use them in my set up lol. You really can't beat the prices 1070 shipped w/ a pre-runner guard thats not even close to a road armor front base... Now im considering paint vs rhino liner. I have a two tone black over silver and Idk to get rid of the two tone eventually or go all out with it and do bumpers and flares to match

I got mine texture powder coated. Spent the extra for the phosphate treatment( i think thats what its called, like a primer rust inhibitor) It cost $300 for the front and rear. Take ur time and spot weld it all together first and test fit it. As you can see we tacked the bumper to some braces to keep it square. Moved around during final welding to keep it from drawing/warping. Its alot of work but if you have the time, know how and patience its alot if money saved.

i have a road armor on mine and love it. you can get a brand new road armor thats powder coated and welded for under a grand new.

What places typically do powder coating? I found a rhino lining place that said black both bumpers primed and all for 250-275. When I talked to road armor and Top Gun Customz there wasnt a bumper with a pre runner for under 1600 delivered. My kit cost 1070 delivered so I saved a ton and thats front and rear so road armor would have been 2700 at the least and thats being generous. Maybe you got yours back when they were actually reasonable like two years ago?

Orange NV whered you get your bumper coated and whatd you have done? I live near Zelienople 30 mi north of Pitt, I noticed your info said youre near pitt.

I got mine texture powder coated. Spent the extra for the phosphate treatment( i think thats what its called, like a primer rust inhibitor) It cost $300 for the front and rear. Take ur time and spot weld it all together first and test fit it. As you can see we tacked the bumper to some braces to keep it square. Moved around during final welding to keep it from drawing/warping. Its alot of work but if you have the time, know how and patience its alot if money saved.

Thanks for the advice I noticed your bracing and am definitely going to do that. My neighbor is actually going to be doing all the welding and ill be helping haha. Hes been doing it since he was in his teens and hes fifty some now. Needless to say experience is there:hehe:

im in pitt, its just hand painted black for now, im getting it painted to match as soon as i have the extra cash, or just powdercoated black

grs coatings, its in west newton PA

pm me if you want his number

I found a place online thats real close to me but if his pricing is ridiculous ill call grs, thanks
how was your experience putting it together