Robts Cummins Conversion update

Robts

Proud Fummins Owner
Here is a little update on my superduty as well as some info about its history
Well Since 2004 my truck has gone through alot of changes. I bought the truck in late 2004 after trading in my 2002 7.3l crew cab. I love the truck but they offered me 30k for it and it had 78000 miles on it and I wanted a toy. The 2002 saw winters. Plus I got 0% for 6 years:hump See Video of my 2002

Next I bought the truck and installed a 6" lift and 37on 22's. It had a TS intigator and a powerpup. Was all right but soon it had a SCT and then it was game on. ALso the stereo and tintied windows went in.
HEre is the list of stuff I tried on this truck

Edge
Superchips
Ts intigator
Ts instigator with powerpup
Dj fuel intisifer
SCT with just about every tune
AFE stage 2
190's with stock turbo
My own fuel system with -8 line to (2) - into each head
190's with VTg-ss
225's with VGT-ss
Suncoast trans
John wood kit
37's on 20's
37's on 22's
procomp shocks verse fox shox
Procom ladder bars
Fabtech ladder bars
Tuff country ladder bars
FArm boys ladder bars
IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0607-1.jpg

IMG_0608-1.jpg

After this in the winter of 2006/7 I installed the new 22" wheels, fox shox with billet resivors and new 2005 front end. Also inslalled a detroit tru trac and 4.56 gears, billet badges,stacks, Nitrous, train horns, remove the step bars and factory stickers and recon lights

At silverlake in 2007 on memerial day I blew my turbo. At that time I realized I need more so I called ELite and order 190,VGT-ss, and a suncoast tranny. This lasted a short time since I knew I wanted compounds.This was a short time plan. Everyone was back up on building compounds and figured I wait till winter. The only mistake was I had the weasle Bbunting fromBlackwidow build my compounds. Biggest mistake of my life. I would not recommend him to anyone. Here is my Elite combo. Worked awesome. With the 225's that I eventually installed and a 102 jet I hit 668hp and that was my finally number
IMG_0864.jpg

07truck-1.jpg

IMG_0726.jpg

IMG_0912.jpg

So after that I decided to build the 6l, order the compounds and install a new hood and light bar. Also installed all HIDs. I also installed more gauges

F-2.jpg

Here is Stuck in mud helping me
IMG_1134.jpg

IMG_1310.jpg

IMG_1301.jpg

So with that disaster I decided it was time to lay the law down and do a cummins swap.I bought motor is 9k on it complete with trans, wireing harness and transfer case. Everything..all pumps, belts computer,,,,everything. Perfect donor
IMG_0150-1.jpg

So the motor came out of the superduty again( its been out 6 times to date)

IMG_0146.jpg

The injector and CP3 were pulled and motor( cummins) was disassembled

Everything is getting painted, powdercoated and chromed on this conversion. Im also building the motor

Here is my cp3 from Wickeddiesels.com. I had shane polish the pump out as a bonus
IMG_0318.jpg

and here is the motor
IMG_0324.jpg

Well, I got the Hamilton springs and billet pushrods installed, Wicked diesel CP3 and injectors and started assembling eveything else. Motor should be going in the next 2 days. I had planned on more time to work on it over the holiday but I cant get a sitter for my daughter

Stock springs
IMG_0328.jpg

Sping tool I borrowed from Hamilton Diesel as part of his tool loaner programmer. He will send you this tool if yo buy springs from him. Then you pay shipping to the next guy on the list....top notch tool
IMG_0329.jpg

Halimton springs installed
IMG_0331.jpg

Wickeddiesels 5x10.5 injectors installed
IMG_0332.jpg

Fuel lines installed
IMG_0333.jpg

I think this mount is on the wrong way....calling Bean tomorrow
IMG_0342.jpg

Passenger side motor
IMG_0344.jpg

Front of motor
IMG_0346.jpg

IMG_0339.jpg

Allright....didnt get as much as I planned over the last few weeks at christmas that I had off. I had my daughter most of the time but still the last 2 days have been productive. I finally go the motor in. I still got to figure out what needs to be done exactly to the cross member. I may have a custom one made. Doug (Stuckinmud) came over yesterday for a few hours and helped me out. Trust me you need an extra hand trying to muscle that thing in.

Here is the motor prior to putting in. I did order Glacier Diesel fuel bowl delete as well as the heater box delete
IMG_0355.jpg

Doug admiring the beauty
IMG_0359.jpg

going in
IMG_0360.jpg

IMG_0361.jpg

IMG_0371.jpg

Doug just figured out where that goes....(hey Doug if anyone knows a transmission cross memember)
IMG_0371.jpg

Now get under there and put it in
IMG_0368.jpg

IMG_0368.jpg

I decide to run the ford powersteering pump since I had the Autoworld bracket. Also just bought all the areoquipe lines and hoses this weekend as well as the Glacier Fuel bowl delete. Since I order that I also order the Glacier Diesel Heater box delete. I got my SnowPerformance Stage 2 snaow meth kit as well as the 7 gallon tank.
IMG_0396.jpg

Powersteering pump(Ford)
IMG_0397.jpg

Check out the new Oasis Wheels custom Diff Covers. Remember I running a Ford Sterling 10.5 and they made these for me

IMG_0398.jpg

IMG_0401.jpg

Allright....With every project everyone knows you have bad days...here is how last saturday went

I came home from work at 4 and decided to take a nap. Woke up and did snow. Then fired up the heater. came in the house then after an 1/2 hour went out there. That was 7. Was out there 15 minutes ran out of fuel for the heater. Drove to the store and bought fuel. Fired the heater back up. ITs 740 now. The I got my new polydyn header and needed to tap it for he probe. 1/8 npt....looked for 30 minutes....its now 830. No go...think I loaned it out. So got in the car and drove to homedepot...they dont have it so I then went to lowes...They had and got home. Its now 9:15...So I decided to drill and tap it. that went ok and then all hell broke loose. The second gen polydyn header doesnt fit. I mean come on I waited 2-3 months for this and it doesnt fit. It fits fine flang facing down but the turbo hits the heater box. Face it up and the header tube hits the oil filter housing. My luck...so then I looked for the tube cutter I bought thursday night to cut the fuel return line near the tank and I cant find it...so Im going to sit on the computer and drink tonight

IMG_0404.jpg

IMG_0409.jpg

IMG_0413.jpg

IMG_0411.jpg

I tried to use the Polydyn header. It did not work out when I flipped the 2nd gen style. It was too close to the oilfilter housing and also the block. Couldnt even make a custom relocator.
So Im using the High Tech Turbo 2nd gen piece manifold. Thanks FTE for delivering it quickly I had it in one day. Here it is mounted also my High Tech Competion 66 turbo and Opie by pass kit
downsized_0226091959.jpg

Next I worked on my fuel lines. I installed a Glacier fuel bowl delete and all - lines

IMG_0418.jpg

IMG_0419.jpg

IMG_0422.jpg

Next I had my ATS Stage 5 all billet trans with even Billet output shafts installed saturday. The Billet Flex plate has 12 bolts to install the torque convertor instead of the factory 6

IMG_0428.jpg

IMG_0434.jpg

IMG_0430.jpg

IMG_0433.jpg

IMG_0438.jpg

Should be long now I can see the light. Dan(Sogrand and the one with the slow twin 6l,,,,,just kidding Dan) is making me a new transfer case. ITs a new Ford transfer case with a ATS input shaft installed

I should have the transfer case and wiring started this weekend

To date here are mods I have

1.Wicked diesels injectors and bad a@@ CP3 pump
2.HHT turbo competition 66 with a 16cm stainless housing all polished out
3.MP8 from Ts peformance
4.Smarty s06 from Smartypower
5.Polydyn equal length header 2nd gen
6.New MAx MPG Snow meth kit from Snowperformance
7.Hamilton Diesels springs and billet pushrods
8.SB intake
9.Destroke motor mounts from Beans diesel performance
10 Custom Oasis Diff covers engraved Cummins Power all polished out
11.Fluidampr
12. Opie Water bypass by Opieparts.com
13. CFMPlus intake
14.Ats Stage 5 with co-pilot and all billet inside

I want to thank everyone who has helped me
Wicked Diesel
Ts Performance
ATS
High Tech Turbo
Oasis Diff covers
Snow Performance
Opie Parts
CFM PLus
Fluid Dampr
SB Intake
Hamilton Diesel
Smarty Power
Walley at FTE Diesel
Ryan Bean

I really cant wait for this to be done

That is Kick Ass man!! good job!1 looks clean!! will be awsome to see her done!!

Im still redoing all the lines once they are done in all done. Im going braided through out.

Im using a 2005 motor and trans and the dodge computer controls the trans.

do you think the header would clear if the filter/cooler housing weren't there or would it still hit the block?

I took the fileter housing off and there isnt enough room. Scott @ destroke was going to make me a filter by pass like his truck but it still wont clear. The number 5 cylinder tube is about 1" from the block

lookin good, just hope that ats is up to the task! will she be ready to hook the cookie monster at ts?? LOL

Its a full billet trans...input, output, intermediates, everything....Im sure it will hold up