Rollcages

Im waiting to do mine for my ext cab. Its here just have to get the time. Any pics of extended cabs with cage in? It would be nice to see a few and get some ideas.

That was my concern also. I ended up going with 1 3/4" .120 DOM tubing. Adds a little weight, but better safe than sorry.

I have a question for you guys building cages and bars...

What are the minimum diameter and thickness requirements and what are you actually using??

I only ask because, as I think about one day needing a cage for a 6000+ pound truck, I think of the whole reason behind the cage...safety.

Now for my money and peace of mind, minimum requirements may not be enough. I have never seen a rule that bring vehicle weight into the equation. So minimum diameter/thickness might be great for a 3000 pound Camaro, but a 4500, 6000, 7000 pound truck.

I would plan for overkill in this area...does anyone really think a .094 x 1 5/8" bar will hold up 7000 pounds if the truck was to get upside down at 130+MPH????

Just one of my concerns as your trucks get so much faster so quickly.

I bought an s&w a while back as well. Think i ended up with a 12pt with the through the firewall to engine bay bars, driver swing out, window net, and funny car cage for like 600 or 800. Still playing with the install tho. Focus has been elsewhere.

just got mine today will start the install soon but i think im am gonna order the 12 point conversion for 160 bucks more
cage.jpg

Last edited:
If you could take a few pics as your going that would be great. Going to uncover my truck and get it in the shop here prob next month.

Back