Roller cam follovers for 5.9?

AsTroSS

problems start @80 psi
Do the aftermarket companys make a roller cam followers for 12V Cummins?

Stock tappets are solid and they waste lots of power and also limit camshaft profile.

I knew few companys make billet tappets, but do they have also roller follower?

U mean roller rockers ? The guy who does my clutch makes roller rockers for the 5.9

Rods said:
U mean roller rockers ? The guy who does my clutch makes roller rockers for the 5.9
No.

I mean cam followers (tappets) not roller rocker levers.

Thanks Brandon :thankyou2:

:woohoo: , now is only question how to make those rollers fit Cummins cylinder block.

Sponsor needed for my ultimate Cummins engine project . :poke:

Roller lifter $161 + bushing $ 40 for 12 valve ---> $ 2400 :soap:

:evil

Last edited:
Rods said:
Not for the 24 valve -yet, is the message I got back from this guy.....:poke:

Are those roller rockers :

1. roller tip
2. roller center
3. roller tip + roller center

???:poke:

Are they machined from stock rocker or fully custom?

Not needed, with a big mushroom tappet, you can get the profile you want without the roller tappet. The friction reduction is minimal spend the money on cylinder head work. Trick of the week parts are what is called percentage gain parts, when you or looking for the next . 01 or a second, but not when there is seconds on the table in cylinder head work in most peoples projects . been there done that. and jessel is the only way to go,

COMP461 said:
Not needed, with a big mushroom tappet, you can get the profile you want without the roller tappet. The friction reduction is minimal spend the money on cylinder head work. Trick of the week parts are what is called percentage gain parts, when you or looking for the next . 01 or a second, but not when there is seconds on the table in cylinder head work in most peoples projects . been there done that. and jessel is the only way to go,
Not even for the high RPM pulling applications?

Comp,

What's with the stupid pump in your sig? We didn't sell you a PDR stupid pump that I know of !!!!!!

Yeah full roller rockers ,,, DPS also sells roller rockers for the 5.9 , I'v seen composite lifters (tappets)that felt like plastic also for the 5.9 they cost 75$ a peice if u guys need them ,, only few places in the country make them i was told ????

And why would i need one, Brady has always done my pump work, even when no one but he and I knew. I don't like sand traps, its a stupidly good pump, and didn’t know you have that name , no problem , I’ll find out what Brady calls a really good pump, lol, remember it not about big flow numbers , its about the quality of the power , and the ability of the pump to deliver everything in a rapid manor . I use stock size stainless lines for that reason also ,

I found roller lifters :rockwoot:

Here is item description :
ROLLER LIFTERS 12 AND 24 VALVE
(SET OF 12)FOR USE WITH BILLET ROLLERCAMSHAFT)
(MACHINING OF THE BLOCK REQUIRED CLICK ON SERVICE)

Price: $384

ROLLER LIFTER LINK BARS FOR 12 AND 24 VALVE
FOR USE WITH ROLLER LIFTERS COME IN SET OF SIX

Price: $ 42

and lots of racing stuff from: http://www.woodruffdiesel.com/dieselengineperformance.htm

Oh yeahLOL I see that now. I thought it was a speck of dust on my screen the first time 'round...LOL LOL :poke:

I think what he ment, was to go to this page...
http://www.f1diesel.com/contacts.html

Some other info off his site...
"August 2004: A new and once top secret tappet project began last year but was not revealed to the public until now. This tappet was in response to the 8620 steel billet cams we were beginning to work on for serious drag racing and the higher RPM ranges of operation. The tappet is constructed of ceramic and is designed to run in conditions like no other. High lift and high spring rates will never wear the cam or the tappet out. 8620 steel billet cams if surface hardened correctly will certainly wear the stock tappets out in a hurry. This tappet is the ultimate solution.
Updates for the 24 Valve 2nd Generation! "

Check out the other parts need for the Woodruff's Rollers.. Looks like you'll need a cover too.. and the Billet shaft...

Off subject... Don.. you should add "Priceless" on your add for Flux 10000 injectors.. LOL..

Flux 10000 - Priceless

7 Billion HP Sure, we can make outrageous claims too.