Roller cam follovers for 5.9?

This top secret tappet project is more than 2 years old :doh: and according to F1diesel web page, this is not currently in product list .

Why? Is it still top secret?

Woodruff full roller kit with billet cam cost more than $2000, today this is out of my budget, but in future .....:kick: who knows.

With a 54.5 mm cam and lobe lifts of .400 or less, leaving a base circle of 1.375 or greater.
With a lifter diameter of 1.5 plus there is no need, to put a roller cam followers. The small percentage gain is not worth the big outlay. This type parts and other are a lot of fad bits and pieces going around, in the drag racing world we call that trick of the week parts, stick with the basics, cylinder heads and cam profiles now working with flat tappet. There is much more big gains that are available in the cylinder head . I see some of head work that Ray Little at RayMac is developing, and the work that John Russin at Buddha power has done for quite some time. These heads are expensive, but if you will forget the trick of the week parts like rollercams, pumps over 750cc, ceramic lifters, and others extreme parts that do have a place currently .Now when these trucks level out in a few years and the field is like Pro Stock, meaning 10 to 20 hp is a deciding factor, then you can go to trick of the week parts. Ray recently redid a cylinder head that was done buy one of the big diesel vendors The port job looked nice, but did not flow air . This was a 24 valve and after the redo on the port work the truck picked up from 478 hp 850 tq up to 670hp 1310 tq I don’t know the particulars, and I assume that the added air flow allowed the tune to run more fuel and make more power I do know that Ray worked with them on this cylinder head , also this head was not a manifold removal head.

Hey COMP, do you have any Ray Little at RayMac contacts ?

Is Estonian a Cyrillic alphabet? Or Finnish? Or what?

Just curious

RayMac's phone number is 817 568 8822. They are doing some great work, and I believe, they are pushing the Cummins head into uncharted territory, in both 12 and 24 valve heads.

A good percentage of their work load has shifted from primarily gas engine development involving NASCAR, competition eliminator, and other high end engines, to diesel power plants. Rays has recently dedicated a diesel only airflow research program, recently upgraded to a state of the art Flowcom SuperFlow bench. This flow bench can simulate boost situation and I believe no other diesel shop besides GBE has the ability to do this cutting edge airflow work. I don’t think anyone else has a flow bench.

If you don’t think that a street truck needs this , I will remind you that Project X makes big power and dose it with out high egt’s or hurting parts. The great part about diesels is you don’t have to worry about velocity in the ports, or cams making a combination unstreetable, diesels love air flow.

Hmmm, I recall back in 2002 when I was providing ported heads for sale ( I no longer do ) as being the only shop that could push 80 PSI through a port under pressure.:kick:

The other guys were using vacuum and still are.:bang

On another note: I like George Strait music

Anyone else like the new song: "it just comes natural"

AsTroSS said:
This top secret tappet project is more than 2 years old :doh: and according to F1diesel web page, this is not currently in product list .

Why? Is it still top secret?

Best bet is to call Don M hisself for the skinny on these....:thankyou2:

Don M said:
Is Estonian a Cyrillic alphabet? Or Finnish? Or what?
Just curious

We are using Latin alphabet. :) Finnis use alsou Latin alphabet. Cyrillic is russian alphabet

I was not sure on the alphabet. I knew Russia was close, so I though maybe it was Cyrillic in Estonia. Finland is close as well, so it makes since the Finnish and Estonia Alphabet is close to the same.

:thankyou2:

Don M said:
I was not sure on the alphabet. I knew Russia was close, so I though maybe it was Cyrillic in Estonia. Finland is close as well, so it makes since the Finnish and Estonia Alphabet is close to the same.

:thankyou2:
:lolly:
Ok here is little bit info about Estonia
Estonian and Finnish alfabet is almost 95% the same, we have 2 unique letters.
99% of estonians can read and write, and we heave our own language, it similar to finnish.

Our population is 1'400 000 people ,yes 1.4 million only :evil and our country is twice as big as Kuwait :poke:

Here is more information from Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estonia

You guys are allways welcome here!!

:Cheer:

Some sexy roller rockers for 12V and 24V:evil

Rollertiprockers2.jpg