rough running

drdiesel12v

Dr. Diesel Performance
ok, my dads truck, a 1998 24v auto, f1 mach 6++, .093 connector tubes, quad adr w/pulse, smarty on level 8 and 62/475 turbos. after a wot run, and u come to a stop, it is really loping and sounds like it is only running on 3 cylinders. also when getting into it, about 3/4 throttle, it does the same thing...

im confused about what is going on...has constant fuel pressure, 20psi from fass.

any ideas guys?

thanks
Cody

have you tried taking electronics off the truck! Codes would be a good start!

cross over tubes leaking? how much fuel is in the tank? Could it be sucking a little air in when its run hard like that?

What Vp does it have and how many miles?
Does it have a fass or air dog?
Draw staw? Stock tube?

Your hydro locking at wot. Your pump can not handle the flow tubes and big injectors.

He's the 12v Doctor. Clearly he didn't stay in school long enough to be a 24v Doctor.

sorry im not as smart as u think u are, but i didnt go to school for diesels, went for automotive service, i learn by asking questions which is EXACTLY what im doing...i know pretty damn much, just like everyone else, sometimes u just gotta ask opinions from someone else.

No codes, i will try and take off electronics, doesnt change with amount of fuel, has a FASS 150/95 with 3/8 line, never leaves 20psi on gauge, it has industrial injection HRVP, stock pickup tube. have about 10-15k on the VP.

"Your hydro locking at wot. Your pump can not handle the flow tubes and big injectors."....it only has 230hp injectors, how is that big when someone can run mach 7's and .093 lines? :poke:

Well then your pumps failing. It happened to me and had similar set up

sorry im not as smart as u think u are, but i didnt go to school for diesels, went for automotive service, i learn by asking questions which is EXACTLY what im doing...i know pretty damn much, just like everyone else, sometimes u just gotta ask opinions from someone else.
First, I wasn't making fun of you. I was making a joke about the post above mine. Second I am a GENIUS.

Third, it is possible to air lock a VP with 100 horse injectors and stock tubes so it is certainly possible with 230s and .093s.

I doubt that is what is causing your problem though as it usually causes the truck to stall completely, not just rough idle. It would also have nothing to do with your miss at 3/4 throttle.

What Smarty software version are you running? I would try taking the Smarty off first and see what happens.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what software our smarty has.

I guess bad fuel would also have a problem too, like if it is cheap fuel. I'm not sure tho. We r going to mess with it tomorrow.