Rule Changes for 2014?

Map groove can not be forward of the compressor wheel, if you move it forward allowing the diameter to be bigger you to open up the area at the clip from .200 to say .400 it will draw more air past the .200 part this takes some pretty creative cover work but it can be done, you can feed the clipped part anyway you want, everything that ran last year is still legal

So according to this

So...

Legal
Legal_zps16c36815.jpg

Not Legal
Smooth_zps9b70cfe6.jpg

Or am I missing something?

both of these are legal

from phone

How so, the map groove is obviously forward of the compressor wheel in the second image, and you clearly state this is not allowed.

Basically it is gonna have to measure 2.6 at the face of the wheel and the wheel has to protrude into the 2.6 inlet? And the mwe groove can pull air anywhere outside the 2.6 inlet but must maintained a .200 groove? That is what I'm getting out of it.

LOL

"Everyone" up this way just dying to have PPL rules....what garbage. Way to go PPL.

Their level of detail really shows how much they give a rats about trucks. So much so, they won't even bother coming on the forums to explain.

So Besides the turbo mess what is the fuel guidelines, P Pump 7.3 allowed? multiple as in 3+ cp3's? Sigma? Pretty vague.

Still curious how an MWE groove that completely bypasses the 2.6" bore is being considered legal when the new rule reads;

MWE groove must be inside neck area where intake cover is measured @ 2.6”

Still curious how an MWE groove that completely bypasses the 2.6" bore is being considered legal when the new rule reads;

MWE groove must be inside neck area where intake cover is measured @ 2.6”

It all depends on what is inside the neck area.

I can see the interpretation that Josh mentioned(not saying I agree with it).

Evidently the neck area is: a line behind(towards the turbo)a perpendicular line where the 2.6 bore is measured.

That being the interpretation it does prevent an MWE from being in front of the 2.6 ring. Doesn't say it has to be on the same diameter though which would allow the current PPL chargers to remain legal.

I borrowed these from another post that is closed. Any MWE grove that lets air directly to the face of the intake part of the clipped portion of the wheel is going to have a huge advantage.

compressor_sectionclipped_good_groove.jpg

compressor_sectionclipped_illegal_groove_1.jpg

I think we should wait until the official wording comes out before getting too excited. Also, if any actual pullers want to discuss rules or propose changes, the rules meeting is open to everyone who wants to attend.

I think we should wait until the official wording comes out before getting too excited. Also, if any actual pullers want to discuss rules or propose changes, the rules meeting is open to everyone who wants to attend.

Where is the rules meeting time & location announced each year?

After reading all this I never saw anyone mention the word "STOCK LOCATION." I think that would make all the weld in bushings with map ring illegal, correct? It also says "A" meaning single.

2013 rule from the PPL website
Turbocharger Updated-The vehicle is limited to a 2.6 inducer bore single turbocharger.
The compressor wheel must protrude into a 2.6” bore for 1/8”. The inlet will be measured
using a 2.605” inch plug; the plug must not be able to enter the inducer bore. A stock map
width enhancement (MWE) groove is allowed. No MWE groove will be allowed that has
a width greater than .200”. All provisions allowing air into the wheel other than via bore
and the MWE groove are prohibited. The vehicle driver will be responsible for making
compressor wheel accessible for tech personnel to measure bore and able to inspect
compressor wheel.

After reading all this I never saw anyone mention the word "STOCK LOCATION." I think that would make all the weld in bushings with map ring illegal, correct? It also says "A" meaning single.

2013 rule from the PPL website
Turbocharger Updated-The vehicle is limited to a 2.6 inducer bore single turbocharger.
The compressor wheel must protrude into a 2.6” bore for 1/8”. The inlet will be measured
using a 2.605” inch plug; the plug must not be able to enter the inducer bore. A stock map
width enhancement (MWE) groove is allowed. No MWE groove will be allowed that has
a width greater than .200”. All provisions allowing air into the wheel other than via bore
and the MWE groove are prohibited. The vehicle driver will be responsible for making
compressor wheel accessible for tech personnel to measure bore and able to inspect
compressor wheel.
It says right there a stock MWE groove is allowed. I have never seen a front facing MWE groove. They shouldn't be allowed by that wording

LOL "the neck area".

WTF.

Dual rear wheels only permitted.

WTF.

Real classy organization! Their rule writer must be a functional imbecile.

Last edited:
Back