Running boards...Yay or Nay?

rick stark

Diesel Dummy
Ok guys I need your expert opinions on weather to take the running boards off or not. I've been kicking this idea around for a little bit and I just havnt convinced myself. I don't know if it will be a better look or not. Post pics of similar setups with no running boards as well if you desire.

ynaha4y4.jpg

yvaruhaq.jpg

e5a6a4uq.jpg

I have Amp power steps and they're worth every penny IMO but I personally hate the look of running boards. It's your call on what you think looks good.

Oh yeah, way out of my price range just for running boards. I need a cheap or free solution :poke:

I've always thought they were ghey....'til I bought this 09 with leather. I can see them keeping my fat arse from ripping off the side of the seat while sliding in and out. My wife likes them too. The old truck was a tad of a jump for short people. ;)

I've always thought they were ghey....'til I bought this 09 with leather. I can see them keeping my fat arse from ripping off the side of the seat while sliding in and out. My wife likes them too. The old truck was a tad of a jump for short people. ;)

See Jory, I have a towel at the moment for that reason just waiting on a good set of seat covers. Plus I'm not that short of a guy lol

He's far from short Jory! Nick, I will say it will save the seats... I'm short and I have to hop out of mine so I don't slide down my seat. While yours doesn't look bad with them, it won't look bad without them. I say it's a 6 one way and half a dozen the other way.

keep them, it makes it easier to get in and out for all, and they dont look bad either. and on another note, I have some on mine, and most cars who park up beside it hit the running board with their door, not the truck.

Last edited:

I should say that my 5' tall wife like mine! and they help to get into the bed.

Step bars, not running boards. Running boards are what old people put on their trucks.

"most cars who park up beside it hit the running board with their door, not the truck"

That would save using 4 parking spaces and getting booted.

Back