Running hot. Why?

You will know when you shoot them which is which. If there is a large drop there is a problem, and if there is no drop in temp there is a prob.

From my Not-So-Smart phone

It could be a head gasket, had one tractor overheat at an idle but running it'd be okay. Right now I'm diagnosing an overheating issue on a tractor with a new waterpump and tstat. Once it loses air flow it overheats quick. We're thinking head gasket or radiator.

Is there any chance anyone put stop leak into your cooling system before?

Not that I know of. I also flushed the system a lot when I swapped to rad. The water is clean-no floaties.

You will know when you shoot them which is which. If there is a large drop there is a problem, and if there is no drop in temp there is a prob.

Thanks. I'll check it tomorrow.

Does anybody have the cummins part number for the Dan clutch, of should I just get it from Dodge?

Call a Cummins central power closest to you and have your engine serial number ready.

Here are a couple pictures of the gauges today with no load on the freeway. The exterior temp was 75.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372046094.023968.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372046177.693396.jpg

Sorry the quality is t great. This is pretty normal for temps when cruising. Trans will climb to 160-170 when it's warmer out. Coolant doesn't really move unless in traffic, or towing heavy.

Any info on how to test the oil cooler? Is it just a replacement item if its in question?

The only thing I've used that comes close utilizes a plate to seal the cooler and apply air pressure to test
If one fails, with only great exception, the high pressure from the oil system pushes into the cooling system. High pressure field moving to a low pressure field.

It could be a head gasket, had one tractor overheat at an idle but running it'd be okay. Right now I'm diagnosing an overheating issue on a tractor with a new waterpump and tstat. Once it loses air flow it overheats quick. We're thinking head gasket or radiator.

Is there any chance anyone put stop leak into your cooling system before?

I'd start with more simple things that could be wrong before jumping to that route. Check your coolant mixture shoot some thermals

try putting a new radiator cap on it. maybe tstat or water pump? with all stock parts there is no reason it should overheat

That's where my coolant temp runs normally. Will only raise towing 10k+. Can't help with the trans temps since I have a manual.