Running two different size wheels

BRE

Is it possible? My thoughts are singling the front of my one ton. I'd like to stick with the 16's in the back but step up to an 18+ in the front. I haven't had time to sit down and play with the tire size calculator yet. Not sure if I'm off my rocker by even thinking of it or not.

as long as you run the same size tire you can run any rim you want.

Yup.... As long as the tire diameter is same, you're good to go.

Thinking the same on my dually, 17's on rear, 18's on front

This was my thinking... Now to see if I can find a size that will work.

285s... 75 on the 16s, 65 (I think, I can check what my tires are in the morning and text you.) of the the 18s.

I think I have my wheel picked out. I wonder if that 285 is gonna wanna stretch on a 10" wheel.

Ok Mr. Nick... What says you to this exact wheel setup on the front?
uza3agy8.jpg

u9a8ase7.jpg

yhedu4e5.jpg

You could run a 315/60/18 up front in place of the 285, if you wanted something wider.

I need to sit down with the tire calculator this weekend.
I'm gonna try to get these ordered pretty soon but... That means I gotta buy 6 tires. I don't think I could buy anything that would be equivalent to a 265 that will mount on a 10" wide wheel

Ok unless some one has some objections I'm not aware of... Looks like I actually have both options.
e5ane3y2.jpg

9u7egedy.jpg

There is a thread somewhere with a bunch of pics of singled front axle dually. I'll look for it.

I might could find it if the search function didn't........goats.

O...I.C. I'm probably no help. Gayest thing I've ever done was run 265's on the front and 235's on the back. :hehe:

Last edited:
There is a thread somewhere with a bunch of pics of singled front axle dually. I'll look for it.

JWB

Yea but most everyone runs the sane size wheel... I'm pretty set on my decision. However. The 315 seems like an odd ball tire.

Is that truck still for sale around the St. Louis area? Not a bad looking truck, just over priced.

Is that truck still for sale around the St. Louis area? Not a bad looking truck, just over priced.

Well Craigslist says it was recently stolen lol.

And wouldn't you know it... They don't make that wheel anymore... Ugh F me

Just curious, why do you want two different sized wheels, Rick?

And now the question I figured would pop up the first post.
I guess I wanna keep the dually part of the truck but I wanna single the front out. I like the singled look but I'd like to just run a normal wheel that I think looks real good and a 16 just doesn't look as good on a truck as say a 18" or 20" yada yada...
I know that doesn't make any sense and now the flame fest will probably start.

I guess if all else fails I'll just run up to a 285/70/16 all the way around on the factory dually wheels.

Back