rust removal/prevention

I'll just leave this here..

http://www.eastwood.com/internal-frame-coating-w-spray-nozzle.html?fee=5&fep=5183&srccode=ga220010&gclid=CjwKEAjwgMieBRCB3bqB94e9lD4SJABW3sTNMV2SjaWgnANUBdyTSCc3NhjA0GDaBIKCGU2hgHG1_xoC0U7w_wcB

As previously mentioned you can only do so much. Rust has a way of eating its way from the inside of the panels out. Surface rust will only start if there is a way for the metal to be exposed. ie. a scratch or chip. If those are non existent then the rust is finding its way out from the inside. The eastwood product I posted is some alright stuff. I used it on my previous truck and it held up for the 2 years I owned it. However, if you are starting with rust you have a long road ahead.

Sand blasting does remove the rust quite well. That being said if the rust did in fact start on the inside of the door you might not have much of a door left after you start blasting.

POR-15 is the bees knees but again it is a band aid on panels themselves. It is great on frames and axles but make sure you use the acid prep stuff as well to make it do it's job.

Last edited:
sounds like some pretty solid advice. i see where the rust started and how. inside the door jam mud/salt gets in and sits there. when the door shuts it allows it to sit in the little lip on the bottom of the door panel. i noticed it before but never paid it any attention. and last winter i didnt spray it out at all. shouldve known better.. looks like ill be checking out some salvage yards shortly

thanks guys!

maybe ill repaint the truck black..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk