S06 with TNT Shift Limiter

David! I have no Beef with ya!
You actually answered with a lot of good info I did not know.
I just feel like its getting to where you can't ask a question anymore!

Shambo, your question was/is actually a good one. Are there other ways of doing it other then the way that Marco is currently doing it? The torque management/shift defuel issue goes back over 10 years on our trucks. It started on some of the 2000's and then in some form or another it still exists today. The way it is done, seems to change about every two years. The 01's and the 02's do it differently then the 03's and 04's. In some 04.5's and 05's it changed again. It also seems to be different on some of the California models.

The end result is that the way Marco does it works with all the 3rd gen models. Not having the gear indicator doesn't bother me, but Patty has mentioned it a couple of times.

I hope you didn't take my earlier answer as being "flipant". It was not meant that way at all.

Paul

No problem Paul! Like I said Since I found out how he does it it makes sense!

Shambo you were fed misinformation....

Marco says

In reality, I've chosen to keep the indicator light off as a reminder for the customer.
No indicator light = no shift defuel = TROUBLE for the tranny. No matter how good it's built, with the
shift defuel turned off the tranny is going to break; Sooner or later. Use it for the race, then turn it on again!

Bob,
That is what i was saying in the first post. and I do understand why! I was basically asking because of the way I race it has been a issue. Dirt drags are only @200 ft so by the time i figure out its in second its too late.

Dirt Drags are not very tough on the trannies either!

Last edited:
Back