S200 wastegated turbine housing

CTD2500

Brown Between the Cheeks
https://www.flickr.com/photos/31499016@N03/3555555642/in/photostream/

I am looking for a wastegated turbine housing for an S200 from a Caterpillar 3116. (possibly 3126 as well?) The one i need is very specific and seems to be kind of rare.
As mentioned, it needs to fit an S200 (maybe S2E as well?) with the 61mm turbine wheel, .7 A/R, twin scroll with the dual puck wastegate (which will have the bolt on cover, this housing looks like the SuperB style BW housing)
It needs to be in useable (preferably good) condition, but including the wastegate actuator is not critical.
If you have the same housing in a .8 A/R, I'm willing to pick it up for now to run it and continue looking for the .7.

The link above is the only image of this housing that I can find. I can't measure the turbine wheel obviously, but it looks smaller than the 65mm and only has 10 blades so I'm just assuming that is it.

Let me know what you guys have!

Thanks

Thanks, I did see this one already, I meant to message the guy to see what size turbine wheel it has, but got busy with Christmas and forgot about it.

I'll try contacting him today and see if I can't find out.

Had to call him, it was an old fellow...didn't seem to know to much about what I was asking, but he said it had 11 blades which sounds like a 65mm...he said it was 2.5" but he was using a tape measure by the sounds of it.
He measured the intake side first cuz he didn't understand what I was asking...also 2.5".

If I was to guess, it's a 62/65/.8. (S300?)..but it's hard to say cuz the guy was pretty rough about measuring it.

I'm gonna pass, but thanks for the link.

The best info I can find is that the turbo that comes with the housing I'm after (.7) comes on the CAT 3116 with 275HP. This is assuming the info found on Google is right.
I wish I had a part # for the turbo...all I have is the number on the housing linked in the OP but it doesn't help.

Much appreciated!

Thanks

That goes double for this post!

Last edited:
Hey man sorry I meant to message you back the other day and got side tracked. I do not have any .8 housings for the s200 series. .8 for the s300 series I do have but the pricetag is enough to scare anybody away. There are a pile of variants for the 3116 and 3126 engines and the one you are after is definitely the most rare LOL

Hey man sorry I meant to message you back the other day and got side tracked. I do not have any .8 housings for the s200 series. .8 for the s300 series I do have but the pricetag is enough to scare anybody away. There are a pile of variants for the 3116 and 3126 engines and the one you are after is definitely the most rare LOL

haha, why wouldn't it be? Of course it is.

No worries about the PMs, it's the holidays.

Why would anyone contribute? Look at you. All you do is hate on these guys just trying to join a forum to sell their junk. Stop being such a hater!

Is it the factory installed turbo? If so, what's the engine serial number?

#lyfe

Is it the factory installed turbo? If so, what's the engine serial number?

#lyfe

I don't have the CAT engine or any serial numbers. I'm just looking for the wastegated housing to run an S200 on my 12v without messing around with external gates.
I wish I could find more info with part numbers, etc. If it wasn't for the one I linked in the OP I wouldn't even be sure if the damn thing existed.

I have two in the garage and know where more are. Let me double check sizing.

S2BG056/0r6244 is what I hit first Roy

^^^Cool man, thanks. Fingers crossed, lol.

Hauling around on Google in the last little bit I found these 3. The 10 blade turbines is what I go by to ID the 61mm wheel. The pictures may just be generic though, because they appear to be almost the same sizes but are for engines with 100hp difference. (both are 3126) It's hard to rely on this kind of stuff, this particular website doesn't have BW or CAT part numbers which is annoying. Engine sizes, HP ratings and even turbo models aren't specific enough to look them up with.

https://www.dwenginecomponents.com/Pages/ItemProfile_Detail.aspx?ItemProfileId=SCH170-070-1926&ItemClassNo=86

http://www.dwenginecomponents.com/Pages/ItemProfile_Detail.aspx?ItemProfileId=ISH170-070-0231&ItemClassNo=86

This one is the 3116 275hp one I mentioned, which is actually an S2E. Again, not sure if pictures are generic.

https://www.dwenginecomponents.com/Pages/ItemProfile_Detail.aspx?ItemProfileId=ISH170-070-0207&ItemClassNo=87

The 499315 is probably a BW reman part number that is written on that wastegate mount. I will have to look through my book Monday to confirm that.

I'm out. Mine are both bean can housings.
629be5d919f54be405a1a5bceed5c500.jpg

02751e5093d30a745fcb9c2459569ce9.jpg

Look up the housing from perkins/cat 6.6 engines. I had one that has gotten away from me. I know it's the bolted plate and S2 variant. I don't remember the dimensions. 666 serial prefix engines. :p