S300 360 degree thrust

Hamilton Cams

ignorant
As horsepower on the 5.9l keeps climbing we have had more and more
thrust failures in the s300 based turbos we have been using. Until recently we had just been rebuilding them with the normal 270 degree thrust and hoping for the best, until last week. I sent a 66/74 into Majestic Turbo in Waco, the thrust was shot. A few weeks ago they started selling their new 360 degree thrust. I have to say we have been beating this 66 harder than ever without any issues. I post up occasionally to let you know how it is doing. I will try to get some pics up later. It is quite an impressive piece.

Zach

I was just talking to somebody today about those 360 Thrust. Are they available for 62 & 64 chargers or only 66? Keep us posted.

Industrial Injection will also be doing them as well now after talking to Brady, guess it's gonna be hard to break these bad boys cant wait to try!!!!

Bullseye Power had them at their booth at TS. I think it was like a $200 upgrade to pretty much any turbo in their line.

Industrial Injection will also be doing them as well now after talking to Brady, guess it's gonna be hard to break these bad boys cant wait to try!!!!

Yeah, thats who told me about it, but he asked me not to mention it on the forums. He said it will be a few weeks.

Majestic has them now and yes they will fit any s300 based turbo this includes 62 or 64

Zach

We have had them in our turbos for about 3 years now. BW did most of the r&d with their design with us on them. It was really cool to see some of the test equiptment they have. Especially being able to measure the run out at 120000rpm.
They had about 5 tables of laptops and all kinds of gear setup around the dyno.

Yep Industrial Injection will be carrying them fully in stock soon, time to send the turbos in boys!!!!

I have not had any body offer it to us before majestic. I would have liked to get ahold of those a while back. I'm glad they are here now. They are much needed. Glenn I wish i would have known. I would have been sending some business your way. What all do you have 360 degree thrusts for?

Zach

I just sent mine it because it had some play in and out(.010"). I was told it would be another month or so before the 360 degree piece was available. Looks like I will have to send it in again next year.

I have not had any body offer it to us before majestic. I would have liked to get ahold of those a while back. I'm glad they are here now. They are much needed. Glenn I wish i would have known. I would have been sending some business your way. What all do you have 360 degree thrusts for?

Zach

300's and 400's

Bullseye Power had them at their booth at TS. I think it was like a $200 upgrade to pretty much any turbo in their line.

$200 upgrade to a turbo? If they are putting the turbo together in the first place, it's no extra time, just the material for the thrust bearing. What am I missing here? A thrust bearing that cost more than the compressor wheel? :bang

Yes our 360deg thrusts will be made out all STEEL. This product is NOT offered by BW. These thrusts will make overspooling a turbo to failure, harder to do.
By the way, the new turbos that I have heard about that Majestic sells, they are turbos that BW offers and are available right out of the box. We have them as well. They are nonwastegated but they are cheaper.

We will not be charging more for this upgrade on new turbos that we sell. If you want to send your turbo in for the upgrade then there would be a charge. If you wanted this upgrade in a box turbo then we may need to charge a little extra for that. Thanks

Borg Warner has 360deg thrusts but they are NOT and have never been in production. They can only offer 1-2 at a time unless they go to production. They have never been all steel. We have been working with a company for a long time to bring these to market. They will be a VERY GOOD upgrade to our turbos that we offer. We are always looking to make our turbos better in any way we can. Thanks

I think these are gonna be a awesome upgrade to your turbo lineup, I can't wait to try one of these and have the added strength and longevity

Borg Warner has 360deg thrusts but they are NOT and have never been in production. They can only offer 1-2 at a time unless they go to production. They have never been all steel. We have been working with a company for a long time to bring these to market. They will be a VERY GOOD upgrade to our turbos that we offer. We are always looking to make our turbos better in any way we can. Thanks

Not trying to argue, but they are definately available and in every one of our turbos. Want the part number???

I believe Brady is saying that BW doesn't let out too many of there STEEL thrusts, I have also talked to Bruce ( turbo guy that rebuilds them) BDperformance and he said that u do not put 360* thrust in all your turbos alot of them are 270, and if you do use 360 it's a brass thrust, and you use a different type of thrust not steel or brass in most of your "extreme" applications.