S366 or S400

Schevyii63

Anybody ran a S366 turbo on there pulling truck? I'm looking at a new S366 spec. at compressor 66mm/91mm, Turbine 80mm/73mm exhaust AR .9 T-4 foot, or sould I look for a S400 at what specs? Will drive on the street vary little mostly country roads.

Build an S400. 2.6 class? What converter? What gears do you run with those 35's? What kind of RPM's did you see down track? How competitive do you want to be?

My convertor is tight, If I go with a bigger turbo I'm definitely going to have to send it out to get more stall put in it. I have 4.11 gears now, maybe a 4.88change if I decide to go S400 route. Never really look at the RPM's down the track two many gauges to look at. This is a totally new motor. I had a HX55 for it but I sold it a month ago, now looking at my turbo options. All thats left is to put a turbo on it. I found a place that I can get a new S366 for $900 no core. They have S400's but most have a T-6 foot and the S400 with a T-4 foot are almost double. Would like to put the smack down on some local guys around here.

try Woodruff, he has a 2.6 legal S400 with a T3 foot.......good guy to deal with too.....

My convertor is tight, If I go with a bigger turbo I'm definitely going to have to send it out to get more stall put in it. I have 4.11 gears now, maybe a 4.88change if I decide to go S400 route. Never really look at the RPM's down the track two many gauges to look at. This is a totally new motor. I had a HX55 for it but I sold it a month ago, now looking at my turbo options. All thats left is to put a turbo on it. I found a place that I can get a new S366 for $900 no core. They have S400's but most have a T-6 foot and the S400 with a T-4 foot are almost double. Would like to put the smack down on some local guys around here.

Its just my opinion and everyones will vary. I dont predict seeing many 2.6 class winners still using S300 based chargers on the Cummin's. Top runners in this class have already seen the power you can make with an S400 charger and the increased durability. AVOID the T6 S400, your set up wouldnt support it. The T3 and T4 turbine'd S400's are more money as it costs more to build them up. The farther you stray away from out of the box chargers the more it will cost. You do get what you pay for when you have one built for your set up rather than taking a standard semi or tractor turbo and bolting it on.

the stall rating is hard to do since each convertor will react differently, I went threw 4 or 5 suncoast and a ATS one was supposed to loser than the next but it wasn't allways that way. I would call Pure diesel power . garret has got it figured out he will tell ya since I don't want to let out any of his secrets.

Thanks for the info. What stall do you think i will need for a S400 2.6?

Depends on housing size, turbine wheel, etc etc. I am like Rod, I went through about 4 convertors to get one that I like. You want the tightest convertor that will light your charger on the hottest day of the year.