s366

0817111230a.jpg
[/IMG]

My guy really went out of his way to hide my "china" turbo:hehe:
Not to mention the Borg Warner name plate, serial number and install sheet.

And TMONEY you are just so awesome, I'm sure bad ass ram posted his question just to get your sarcasm. Have you done anything to try and help this guy?

I'm sorry I didnt know it's so hard to call a diesel shop or turbo shop and ask what you should run. I know! Let's post a question that's NEVER been answered before, or we could get raped and buy a $750 polished BW charger.

This isn't a noob site, though with members such as yourself that are flocking in it's pretty much become a hold my hand site.

Google!!! it's a also a search engine, and no we didn't wake up one day knowing everything and no we don't know everything but is it that hard to find out the diff between a 72mm and a 66? Or even for that matter just asking about the compressor side without giving one thought to the turbine side?

Let me help the OP out, you bought the wrong turbo.

Last edited:
what makes a 66/74/.91 ar the wrong turbo? who got raped?

yes i have seen the infamous $640 66, but polishing, machining (hx40 exhaust outlet), and shipping ain't free...

what makes a 66/74/.91 ar the wrong turbo? who got raped?

yes i have seen the infamous $640 66, but polishing, machining (hx40 exhaust outlet), and shipping ain't free...

Actually it was $725 + $10 for polishing, + $27 shipping, you do the math, it was $860

You can get the 66 for less than $600 $574.14
Shipping $ 27.00
Cut the hx40 flange off the downpipe and weld on the s300 flange $ 20.00
Polish yourself $ 0

Total $621.14

My deal was 750.00 total.

I wanted an hx40 outlet to make everything easier (twins, resale etc.) and not having time to polish it was a hell of allot easier to have someone else do it.

How about link or two to these cheap s300 sites, they are good to know.

knew about himni racing, i didn't wanna pay $721.64 to get an unpolished turbo with 3" down pipe discharge.

$680(turbo)+$41.64(cheapest shipping)=$721.64

Called area diesel, they don't do polishing and are out of stock.

schueller74, did you get your 66 from area diesel or himni, are you happy with it?

Himni because ADS was out of stock. Haven't put it on yet. But the exhaust discharge is 4in flange the 3in that they list must be the I.D. I machined it to an hx40 flange on my lathe.

Its not Chinese, but thanks. Its an s300 Borg Warner, i have owned several.

Lit at 3700 huh? Good thing i got "china" so i can see some power more than 1500 rpm sooner.

"REALLY LIT," notice the adjective in front of lit. I know the English language is rather difficult to to follow but I'm pretty sure nouns, adjectives, and verbs were covered in elementary school.

That's still not a S366SX3. This would be:

IMG_20110429_112904.jpg

We have two of those and they cost about as much as the one you have.

"REALLY LIT," notice the adjective in front of lit. I know the English language is rather difficult to to follow but I'm pretty sure nouns, adjectives, and verbs were covered in elementary school.

That's still not a S366SX3. This would be:

IMG_20110429_112904.jpg

We have two of those and they cost about as much as the one you have.

Yeah, but his is polished. Pantie droppa!

oh fo shizzle, yo dawg yo.

So what is the difference between your turbo and mine, other than the third generation compressor outlet discharge?

You purchased two of these turbos for "about as much" as the $750.00 i spent on mine? How much is that per turbo?$ And a link to the site you purchased the turbo from so everyone can get the same deal?

I see you have the same box as me, good luck with the china turbo.

oh fo shizzle, yo dawg yo.

So what is the difference between your turbo and mine, other than the third generation compressor outlet discharge?

You purchased two of these turbos for "about as much" as the $750.00 i spent on mine? How much is that per turbo?$ And a link to the site you purchased the turbo from so everyone can get the same deal?

I see you have the same box as me, good luck with the china turbo.

Nick, I have never understood polishing a turbo as you never see them unless going through tech. IMO waste of money and time. Even the Corvette doesn't have a polished comp housing.

Is your turbine wheel clipped? Both of ours are ETT turbos and we have a 3rd that was a 63/73 we had made into a 66/73 but it has a .83 wastegated turbine housing. And since your sig says you have a 66/74 then thats different from ours too, as ours are 66/73s.

If you want to be 100% correct its a John Deere compressor housing.

And I didn't buy it online, I bought it directly from my supplier ADS.

As far as the boxes go, I have 6 or 7 of the BW boxes in the shop.

I'm glad yours isn't a China turbo considering the person you bought it from can't copy and paste for ****.

Last edited:
Back