S4 rebuild parts

98puller

Can anyone steer me in the right direction to a vendor with decent prices on 360* thrust bearing and a rebuild kit for s4 charger? The turbo is in fine shape and doesn't need rebuilt but I want to upgrade to 360* thrust and I figured I may as well rebuild while there. Thanks for any help in advance.

Subd. I was gonna do this too. I found a kit on eBay through a reputable dealer that contained the 360* thrust bearing and rebuild kit for $120.

Subd. I was gonna do this too. I found a kit on eBay through a reputable dealer that contained the 360* thrust bearing and rebuild kit for $120.

I used said kit from B**** **b on my s464 two weeks ago. It has held up to 50psi and multiple barkings so far LOL

I'm making 70# out of my 75... I think I need a larger AR :D

I'm making 70# out of my 75... I think I need a larger AR :D

That is my next single charger. This s464 was $100 off of a detroit 60 series. $200 in a housing and rebuild kit later it serves its purpose pretty well.

83 74 turbine on your 75 or the 96 87?

It's the 83 wheel. I have a .90 housing on it now. I think I want to try the 1.0 to try and lower my boost a bit. It spools "ok" right now though so it would suck for it to spool slower.

It also surges in 5th real bad. I can't go over 30# in 5th or it starts to flutter.

It's the 83 wheel. I have a .90 housing on it now. I think I want to try the 1.0 to try and lower my boost a bit. It spools "ok" right now though so it would suck for it to spool slower.

For what it's worth, I preferred the 87mm turbine wheel over any housing size on the 83mm wheel. I never did get my 475/83 up past 60# though so you must be giving her hell. Lol

Now back to the subject at hand, rebuild kits.

Last edited:
For what it's worth, I preferred the 87mm turbine wheel over any housing size on the 83mm wheel. I never did get my 475/83 up past 60# though so you must be giving her hell. Lol

Now back to the subject at hand, rebuild kits.

Can you post the name or PM me the name of the rebuild kit you used off eBay? I'm curious if we found the same one.

Oops sorry I meant to quote zfaylor.

It also surges in 5th real bad. I can't go over 30# in 5th or it starts to flutter.

Good friend of mine has the exact same charger on a common rail and his flutters really bad on spool up and in OD locked. Hearing your experience tells me I need to go to the 87 wheel.

^pm me to about it please. Or post it if you wish.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Upgrade-Schwitzer-Borg-Warner-S400-360-Degree-Turbo-Rebuild-Kit-/111572598053?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19fa3ebd25&vxp=mtr

I hate posting links to fleabay considering vendors on here offer rebuild kits but I couldn't justify $130+ for the 360 thrust when this kit including overhaul was less expensive that what I can get just a rebuild kit for through work.

That is the rebuild kit I used. I took a chance with it since the charger was inexpensive to begin with. I was pleased with the kit.

That's the same one I sent him too. I looked into their other work a bit.

Good friend of mine has the exact same charger on a common rail and his flutters really bad on spool up and in OD locked. Hearing your experience tells me I need to go to the 87 wheel.

you forget my experience with the 75/87 on mine? SURGE bad once in od

What turbine housing were you using? And zfaylor what turbine housing is your friend using? I'm using the .90 AR

What turbine housing were you using? And zfaylor what turbine housing is your friend using? I'm using the .90 AR

He is .9 AR as well.

And yes Jacob I forgot about yours as well!

I ran a 68/83/.90, 72/83/.90, 75/83/.90 and a 75/87/1.0 one summer. Loved the 68 and had good drive to boost, also the 75/87 ran well except my shift points needed moved up to really stay on it good. The other 2 with the 83 turbines sucked on my truck. Lost power compared to my 68.

I also ran that 68 pretty hard and never had a problem with the 270* thrust plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only when it shifted too early to stay on top of the 75/87. I think it would have made a good bit more power with that charger over my 68, but the 68 was a lot more fun on the street with my setup and still made 725

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i had a .90 and was shifting at 4000-4200rpm and as soon as i hit od......nothing but surge. came to the conclusion i needed either bigger injectors or cam/head work.

Back