S400 Primaries

All 3 cast S480s are sold. $1300 on the billet S480/87! Also comes with the downpipe flange and clamp.

Sorry for the newbie question but wound any of the S400s you have left make a good turbo for a single setup on a second gen swap on a 6.7? It's my daily driver and I want a good streetable turbo that also has room to grow. Planning on dual pumps, big injectors and wanting 750+ hp eventually. I plan to wait to put turbo on with the fuel mods. Thanks

Sorry for the newbie question but wound any of the S400s you have left make a good turbo for a single setup on a second gen swap on a 6.7? It's my daily driver and I want a good streetable turbo that also has room to grow. Planning on dual pumps, big injectors and wanting 750+ hp eventually. I plan to wait to put turbo on with the fuel mods. Thanks

It's not a bad question. Depending on how much fuel you're planning on running will determine what size S400 and housing you'd need to run. I've run several S475s and S476s with .90, 1.0, and 1.10 T-4 housings with the 87mm turbine wheel and I loved them.

One example I like to share is my comparison between the 5.9 and 6.7. I used to run a S475/87/.90 T-4 on a 5.9 with dual pumps, 100% over exergys, and Smarty tuning. It spooled around 18-1900 rpm, drove just fine in my opinion.

My next truck had a 6.7 with a single 10mm pump, Smarty tuning, but only 50% over exergys. Just for the hell of it I decided to see how it would spool the same S475/87/.90 T-4. With only half the fuel of the 5.9 the 6.7 spooled the 475 200rpm quicker (1700 rpm) and stayed on top of it much better until it eventually ran out of fuel. I say all that to say, the 6.7 is a beast, and will spool damn near anything. Drivability is really in the eye of the beholder, but keep in mind both my trucks were DDs and I never had an issue on the street.

As for the turbos above, all I have left is a billet S480/87/1.10 T-6. It could be run as single as is with the right fueling, that's what I had planned on doing. But I think you'd like a T-4 housing for it more, especially on the street. This turbo will support around 900hp on fuel no problem, how quickly and when it spools will depend on your housing choice, tuning, and convertor stall.

It's not a bad question. Depending on how much fuel you're planning on running will determine what size S400 and housing you'd need to run. I've run several S475s and S476s with .90, 1.0, and 1.10 T-4 housings with the 87mm turbine wheel and I loved them.

One example I like to share is my comparison between the 5.9 and 6.7. I used to run a S475/87/.90 T-4 on a 5.9 with dual pumps, 100% over exergys, and Smarty tuning. It spooled around 18-1900 rpm, drove just fine in my opinion.

My next truck had a 6.7 with a single 10mm pump, Smarty tuning, but only 50% over exergys. Just for the hell of it I decided to see how it would spool the same S475/87/.90 T-4. With only half the fuel of the 5.9 the 6.7 spooled the 475 200rpm quicker (1700 rpm) and stayed on top of it much better until it eventually ran out of fuel. I say all that to say, the 6.7 is a beast, and will spool damn near anything. Drivability is really in the eye of the beholder, but keep in mind both my trucks were DDs and I never had an issue on the street.

As for the turbos above, all I have left is a billet S480/87/1.10 T-6. It could be run as single as is with the right fueling, that's what I had planned on doing. But I think you'd like a T-4 housing for it more, especially on the street. This turbo will support around 900hp on fuel no problem, how quickly and when it spools will depend on your housing choice, tuning, and convertor stall.

Thanks for the good info. That's what I needed to know.