S467 or S472?

Derekveneman

I daily drive this rig and need it to be responsive. ive been doing reading on the s467 and ive seems like everyone loves them! While talking about this charger my says slaps me over the head and says to slap a S472 on it! Being that much bigger what fueling will i have to do that did not have to with the 467? Is the drivablity at a loss or can I make it just as drivable with tuning?

You could go bigger with the 6.7 though. It's probably the equivalent of going from a 72 to a 75 on 6.7s.

You could go bigger with the 6.7 though. It's probably the equivalent of going from a 72 to a 75 on 6.7s.

Thank you for the reply! I will have to tow. Not often but on the heavy side. Since I'm shooting for 650hp so I won't need the O.K. Of 72mm :thankyou2:

If you want response I'd go with the sxe369/73, inexpensive, durable, power potential all in one package.

I know that 650hp is a low ballin number but that's a goal I'm shooting for and once it's reached then I'll be happy and take her further. I have heard one case of failure with this charger out of the hundreds if not thousands with it

How can you say durable and it's only been out for a couple of months?

Couple months?.........

Almost a year you meant right!?!

I personally say bull cock to durability of a box s400 vs a 300 with a 360 center.

Any larger turbo will be prone to failure regardless dependent on driving habits.

Imho the 472 on a 6.7 is a turd, and I feel for the OP goals the 467 of 369sxe would be plenty.

67mm. Drive pressure won't be high like it would be on a s300 frame. I've ran a 67mm and it spools almost same as stock with no fuel mods and it pulls 100xs better and egts never got over a 1,000 degrees when pulling 18,000 pounds. Drive pressure is about 1:1 ratio.

67mm. Drive pressure won't be high like it would be on a s300 frame. I've ran a 67mm and it spools almost same as stock with no fuel mods and it pulls 100xs better and egts never got over a 1,000 degrees when pulling 18,000 pounds. Drive pressure is about 1:1 ratio.

Can someone please explain why a 300 frame automatically equates high DP...... the 2 do not go hand and hand.....

It's not like this is a completely unheard of new line of turbo. It's a refined version of an already good widely used product.

It's strange to me how out of any specific turbo line to be released the sxe series have been talked down by so many people that have never had any experience with them.

I can think of numerous 400 series turbos I'd never want to run (from experience ) compared to an sxe369.

There has only been one person with real experience talk about the 369, and something happened with turbo/engine. If there are hundreds or thousands running this turbo, please point me towards the reviews. I have asked in every thread that this turbo was talked about and it was all hush.
Blackmega did you not just put this turbo on and have no real time with it, or am I mistaken?

It's strange to me how out of any specific turbo line to be released the sxe series have been talked down by so many people that have never had any experience with them.

I can think of numerous 400 series turbos I'd never want to run (from experience ) compared to an sxe369.

Everyone likes being a critic now days...

I base my opinion off the opinions of others that have weight, Ryan lenehan for one since he tested them shortly after or before the public release. And your firsthand experience especially holds weight since you have a 6.7 with fueling that's in line with what the OP needs to get the power numbers he's seeking.

To me it's seems like everyone is loving them, have yet to hear of an unhappy sxe3xx user.

There has only been one person with real experience talk about the 369, and something happened with turbo/engine. If there are hundreds or thousands running this turbo, please point me towards the reviews. I have asked in every thread that this turbo was talked about and it was all hush.
Blackmega did you not just put this turbo on and have no real time with it, or am I mistaken?

The 369sxe replaced the 366sxe I had in the secondary hoping it would delay spool a bit. As I have put in other threads the opposite happend and the sxe369 is a beast.

Everyone likes being a critic now days...

I base my opinion off the opinions of others that have weight, Ryan lenehan for one since he tested them shortly after or before the public release. And your firsthand experience especially holds weight since you have a 6.7 with fueling that's in line with what the OP needs to get the power numbers he's seeking.

To me it's seems like everyone is loving them, have yet to hear of an unhappy sxe3xx user.

Exactly right and like I told you before I'm severely underfueled with only R1's and I spool my compounds to 60psi with perfect DP ridiculously quick with having a 188/220 hammy.

Running the math on my compounds yesterday and man I have a **** load room to grow with my current air which is why 135% over will make a good match.