s472

craneman03

wet behind the ears
I have an opportunity to buy a s472, and judging by my signiture wanted to get some ideas on how streetable this might be. Looking to do some pulling in free time, but gets daily drove quite a bit. I rarely pull any heavy loads, maybe couple times a year. The truck is a five speed with 3.55s, running a 33in. tire. Just want some opinions, thanks.

turbo

Its a .9 ex housing and I think its a 71 wheel, but wont sware to it. Have to talk to him again

Likely 74 wheel.

You can always try it. With a ported head and cam I think you'll be fine. It won't drive like a s362 by any means but i'm sure you already know that. I say go for it if you don't mine a little bit of lag. I'd guess with the work you've done it will take off around 2100-2200.

I ran a s468 from ED on my daily drive and towed with it but had a stock head and cam so you're ahead of me in that respect. It was alot better with current converter which flashes up around 2100 ish.

p.s. You'll be able to toss alot of fuel at it as well should be able to get some pump work done and really benefit from all that air!

83x74 wheel like nick said. I wouldn't expect to tow with it much, but would be a good drag strip/pullng charger.

i think towing wouldn't be an option with it, would get a little toasty. but if you do buy it, shoot me a PM if you want to sell that 64. i'm lookin to buy.

I only towed about 5000lbs with mine and I do have 4.10s and a smallish 31.6" tire but if I manually shifted my trans with the columh shifter it towed just fine. You have to able to control rpms and with this guy and his manual he shouldn't have any problems at all imho. My s468 on stock head and cam may actually have been more sluggish then the s472 he's looking at with his head and cam work if it's a .9 83/74 exhaust side on that charger.

On my truck with a cam and ported head (but also has lowered compression which doesn't help any), a S465 with the .9 83/74 spooled around 2100. The same setup with a S478 .9 83/74 spooled around 2600. So split the diffference and spool would be around 2350 for the S472? Maybe slightly less if you have stock compression?