S482/87/1.1 fmw as a primary

I'm still going to be running a stock thickness Cummins gasket and 425s. Let's hope she holds! Of course I have sprayed the crap out of her this year and have seen 70psi with spray so hopefully that's a good sign.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had 425's on my 12v and with a 63/80 set, they saw 100 psi quite a few times with no issues

I had 425's on my 12v and with a 63/80 set, they saw 100 psi quite a few times with no issues

Factory head gasket too? No o-rings or fire rings? What was your compression?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
O rings, factory compression nothing fancy at all. In fact the only thing done to the motor itself was o rings, studs and injectors. No girdle, main studs, balancing, polishing or even cam.

O rings, factory compression nothing fancy at all. In fact the only thing done to the motor itself was o rings, studs and injectors. No girdle, main studs, balancing, polishing or even cam.

Okay see im not running o-rings. Everyone says im crazy but I think it will hold. both head and block are 100% flat, stock thickness Cummins gasket, ARP 425s torqued to 135, little bit lower compression since I'm running marine pistons and valves have been recessed .070". Anyone else running high boost without o-rings or fire rings on a 12 valve?

Orings and 425's for me too. If it fails I'll go back to fire rings

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk