s595

2001ctd2500

I've been searching for the last week and all I can find using this turbo are common rails. I'm looking for info on running one with a p-pump. My 24v is getting a 625cc 12mm pump over the winter and possibly a 13mm eventually. I have the feeling that my HT4B won't be able to handle all that fuel and might need to go bigger. My pump can turn 4500rpm so I don't think it will be an issue getting it spooled but I was wondering what kind of rpm they are lighting at and how they are on the street with a smallish 64/71/14 secondary and a manual.

get a gt55 instead smaller in size (general size) and Flows more/spools faster. The journal bearing units are not ridiculously expensive.

I agree, as much as I love the smiles to dollar ratio of BW chargers, garrett owns the big boy market.

I've got an extra GT5533R waiting for a new 1.0 ex. housing. I had to take the ex hsg off of it to run on the new charger. It will be going up for sale when the new Exhaust housing gets here(hopefully pretty soon). I agree on the Garretts being nice chargers.

RonA

I've got an extra GT5533R waiting for a new 1.0 ex. housing. I had to take the ex hsg off of it to run on the new charger. It will be going up for sale when the new Exhaust housing gets here(hopefully pretty soon). I agree on the Garretts being nice chargers.

RonA

Is it the 91mm inducer or 94mm?

I looked on FIs website today and saw the thumper GT98. It sounds like the same turbo as the PBK. Anyone have any experience with them with the F trim turbine and a 1.00 housing? How much difference in spool vs gt55 or s595?

Gt55 would still win the spool race but the thumpers generaly flow more on the exhaust side.

I've been searching for the last week and all I can find using this turbo are common rails. I'm looking for info on running one with a p-pump. My 24v is getting a 625cc 12mm pump over the winter and possibly a 13mm eventually. I have the feeling that my HT4B won't be able to handle all that fuel and might need to go bigger. My pump can turn 4500rpm so I don't think it will be an issue getting it spooled but I was wondering what kind of rpm they are lighting at and how they are on the street with a smallish 64/71/14 secondary and a manual.

Bunch of good info on bigger primaries here...

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95513&highlight=gt55