Safest Nitrous Size Shot

jyarber

What is the best shot of the go fast gas to spray with the following mods and not have to worry about hurting anything. SCT w/ looney, Stage 2 AFE, banks intercooler system and a 5inch MBRP Full exhaust. Also are yall pieceing yalls nitrous kits together or buying full kits? Also dry or wet kit? Can the stock fuel system keep up with a dry kit?

Stock injectors and a hot tune with the fuel maxed out..about a .072 jet with a dry shot.
NItrous Express and Zex seem to be the popular kits.

UNBROKEN said:
Stock injectors and a hot tune with the fuel maxed out..about a .072 jet with a dry shot.
NItrous Express and Zex seem to be the popular kits.

What is a .072 jet equal to in hp? Also is a dry kit better to go with then a wet kit? If so why?

.o72 shot depends on your bottle pressure. Sounds like you dont really know what your doin. Be careful.

The dry kit is a safer way to go because if the soleniod hangs open you have no way to shut down the fuel feeding the motor. That's my $.02 worth and I have been wrong before.

nwtdiesel said:
.o72 shot depends on your bottle pressure. Sounds like you dont really know what your doin. Be careful.

Well thats why I am hear to learn. Are yall running bottle heaters? I know gas motors have like progressive controlers etc, are yall running anything like that?

I run a progresive controller with a dry shot.
It feeds in N2O from 5psi and maxes out at 100% @ 20 PSI

Bottle heaters aren't mandatory...but nice to have to maintain bottle pressure.

I have the same mods as you, running a .072 dry shot. I have a NX kit that was a wet EFI chevrolet kit that I used and made it a dry kit. It works perfect, basically just don't hook up the fuel.

Consistancy with the heater. Not tryin to be a jerk, just seen some guys tryin stuff out and ended up with a big $$$$$$$ to pay. Alot of diff ways to run the squeeze. Single, double or even tripple stage, heat, no heat, electric power, manual, progressive..... If you plan on runnin a .072 jet make sure your lines are bigger than .072. Need a big solenoid. Save some cash and build your own kit.
Get all your basic parts. Solenoid, lines, fuses, dry nozzle.... Set it up the way you like it. I run the heat @ 1000psi all the time/every time so i always have the same amount of pressure in my bottle. Do you have a built tranny? If not, you will in a lil bit.

Last edited:
UNBROKEN said:
I run a progresive controller with a dry shot.
It feeds in N2O from 5psi and maxes out at 100% @ 20 PSI

Bottle heaters aren't mandatory...but nice to have to maintain bottle pressure.

What kind of progressive controller are you running? Also what kind of kit, or did you piece yours together also? I like the idea of a progressive controller because it just makes things a lot easier. Does your nitrous engage itself off a WOT switch or something?

Would this be a good kit to run since my truck already has a programmer? They other NX kit they offer comes with some kind of power module. All I would have to do is change out the jet size to run a bigger shot right? And get a bottle heater and a progressive controller?

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/Pages/NXd_stacker.htm

Last edited:
nwtdiesel said:
PPE has a dual stage and single stage on their site. Pacificp.com

Whats the difference between there stage 1 and stage 2 beside being able to spray more?. Seem to be the same as the kits I posted. What kind of hp does the .072 jet put out?

Last edited:
Right. If you had the bottle @ 1000psi, i would guess a .072 to be around 130hp. I dont know if the fords are a little diff than the Duramax as far as nitrous induction.

nwtdiesel said:
Right. If you had the bottle @ 1000psi, i would guess a .072 to be around 130hp. I dont know if the fords are a little diff than the Duramax as far as nitrous induction.

So pretty much just get a bottle heater and get a pressure gauge inside the cab to moniter it and should be good to go. With the WOT switch would it be good to spray through the shifts(auto tranny) without a progressive controller?

I do on my Allison (spray thru shifts). I have a button i hold with my thumb. The button is on a stretchy cord i can tuck away when not in use. I also have a arming switch that will shut everything off if the solenoid sticks. Ive never had my NX solenoid stick tho.
Single stage should be fine for now. Dual stage is when a 70hp shot hits out of the hole then a bigger 140+ shot hits when you get movin.

nwtdiesel said:
I do on my Allison (spray thru shifts). I have a button i hold with my thumb. The button is on a stretchy cord i can tuck away when not in use. I also have a arming switch that will shut everything off if the solenoid sticks. Ive never had my NX solenoid stick tho.
Single stage should be fine for now. Dual stage is when a 70hp shot hits out of the hole then a bigger 140+ shot hits when you get movin.

So you dont have a WOT switch? You just use a manual button to spray and release to quit spraying? How does the arming switch recognize if the solenoid sticks? What would happen if the solenoid did stick? Would the truck just fall on its face? Im not worried about a dual stage kit because my truck doesn't see the track to often, I like to play on the streets because there are a ton of diesels and fast cars here so mainly my races are from a roll, so Id like the single stage to hit all at once.

Last edited:
Back