Safest Nitrous Size Shot

jyarber said:
So you dont have a WOT switch? You just use a manual button to spray and release to quit spraying? How does the arming switch recognize if the solenoid sticks? What would happen if the solenoid did stick? Would the truck just fall on its face? Im not worried about a dual stage kit because my truck doesn't see the track to often, I like to play on the streets because there are a ton of diesels and fast cars here so mainly my races are from a roll, so Id like the single stage to hit all at once.

I have a dry zex kit that i bought all the peices to put together but their switch and bottle for like $200 shipped to the door. I also use a Digi-box which is a delay box that is controlled in tenths. I find it very usefull at the track and in the street. I also use the .072-3 jet myself works very well. I have been 12.7's with nothing but the gas, SCT, exhaust and thats it. This past weekend i also went 8.15 in the 1/8th. I know i still can get alittle better because it wheel hopped on me but still had 1.74 60ft so there is still room for improvement seeing it did spin. I too use a corded button not that it matters if you use that or a WOT switch cause you more than likely wont be able to shoot it right when you move anyways.

I was just going to use a WOT switch and try to get some type of delay box that wouldn't spray intill I hit like 15psi?? How does that sound? Or would yall spray it quicker then that? Would that digi box work for that?

WAO Racing said:
I also use a Digi-box which is a delay box that is controlled in tenths. .

what box do you have?
where can I get one?

what do you run off the gas?

:bow: 12.7

6owed said:
what box do you have?
where can I get one?

what do you run off the gas?

:bow: 12.7

NX actually makes the delay box it is called a "Digi-set"
13.6's
The best 60ft that i have got on motor was a 1.76.

Can this delay box be used for just a single stage nitrous kit or does it only work for a dual stage? That would work out good for me because I want to use a WOT switch instead of a button I have to hold. I could just set the timer so traction wouldn't be an issue. How much delay do you have yours set for?

jyarber, do you have a 4x4? Traction shouldn't be an issue. I use a WOT switch, and you can feel it hit, HARD, when you floor it from the get go.

Dalpilot said:
jyarber, do you have a 4x4? Traction shouldn't be an issue. I use a WOT switch, and you can feel it hit, HARD, when you floor it from the get go.

Yea I have 4x4 but when Im cruising down the street and want to spray from like a dead stop or anything I dont want to be in 4 wheel drive. But at the track I wouldn't mind doing some 4wd launchs. How fast mph wise could the truck go in 4 hi without hurthing anything? So your spraying straight out of the whole. That doesn't hurt the motor from a dead stop downlow rpms?

jyarber said:
Yea I have 4x4 but when Im cruising down the street and want to spray from like a dead stop or anything I dont want to be in 4 wheel drive. But at the track I wouldn't mind doing some 4wd launchs. How fast mph wise could the truck go in 4 hi without hurthing anything? So your spraying straight out of the whole. That doesn't hurt the motor from a dead stop downlow rpms?

Thats the reason i dont use a WOT switch. I dont want it on out of the hole. I like to get a little traction and make sure i had a good launch. If i get a little sideways i dont have to worry bout the juice hittin and makin it worse...i just dont hit the button. Diesels have a way more advantage from a dead stop (4x4) then a roll. Brake boost that sucker and say goodbye while they are still burnin rubber!!!

Yea but if I get that delay box then I should be good to go if I use a WOT switch. Just figure out how long intill I need it to spray so I dont break the tires loose.. That should work right?

YOu can go as fast in 4wd as you can in 2, there is no limit. The only limit is not to select 4wd above 55 while driving. Yeah, I do the shot right out of the hole, and it really improves 60' times. Is it hurting the motor, not anymore than nitrous hurts the motor anyway.

Dalpilot said:
YOu can go as fast in 4wd as you can in 2, there is no limit. The only limit is not to select 4wd above 55 while driving. Yeah, I do the shot right out of the hole, and it really improves 60' times. Is it hurting the motor, not anymore than nitrous hurts the motor anyway.

Yea Im just gonna have to play with it and get it right. Could I launch it in 4x4 hi and then shift it back into 2wd as long as am below 55mph?

It seems that i can only leave on 12#'s and then i have the nitrous come on like 5-6 tenths as soon as i launch in 4hi. That seems to be the best for me in the street and at the track so far. I have been trying to play with it as much as possible to find what works the best for me. I do only have 285/75/16's. The 05 truck we use to run had 35's and you could leave as hard as the brakes would hold which was between 25-30#'s and then right after you launch you could shoot it. But that truck was not quick as mine. I have wondered if i left at like 5#'s and shot it as soon as i move what kind of time it would do wether it helped or hurt it.

WAO Racing said:
It seems that i can only leave on 12#'s and then i have the nitrous come on like 5-6 tenths as soon as i launch in 4hi. That seems to be the best for me in the street and at the track so far. I have been trying to play with it as much as possible to find what works the best for me. I do only have 285/75/16's. The 05 truck we use to run had 35's and you could leave as hard as the brakes would hold which was between 25-30#'s and then right after you launch you could shoot it. But that truck was not quick as mine. I have wondered if i left at like 5#'s and shot it as soon as i move what kind of time it would do wether it helped or hurt it.

Yea thats what I would like to know. Launch on like 5psi and spray that gas straight out of the hole. Wonder how well that would do..

I boost to about 10 pounds, and as soon as I let the brake go, I smash the pedal, and the NOS starts flowing. You can feel the shot, and it just pulls and pulls. Even if you switch out of 4 hi, it won't disengage under power, no matter what speed you are going. Just switch it out after you hit the 1/4 and before you turn off the track. It won't disengage under a load.

Right. But you can't be going any faster then 55mph to engage it right? Is that the same way for disengaging it 55mph or less or can you disengage it at any rate of speed just not under a load? You dont have to reverse out of 4x4?

Last edited:
Under 55 MPH to engage, there is no limit to disengage, only letting off the pedal. I don't disengage mine till I am pretty slow.

Dalpilot said:
Under 55 MPH to engage, there is no limit to disengage, only letting off the pedal. I don't disengage mine till I am pretty slow.

Yea well see what if Im racing on the street. I dont want to launch in 4hi on the street and then not be able to turn if I had to, and have to slow wayyyy down just to disengage. I think I may just get that delay box and use the WOT switch and spool up to like 10lbs off the line and smash the pedal and delay the nitrous a couple tenths seconds so I dont smoke the tires down in 2wd.

If your nailing the NOS on the street, you better have a nice straight road to do it. It works just fine, but if the delay box makes you more comfortable, I say do it.

Dalpilot said:
If your nailing the NOS on the street, you better have a nice straight road to do it. It works just fine, but if the delay box makes you more comfortable, I say do it.

Ha yea I play on both the track and the street. Ill do the 4hi launchs at the track no doubt. But I also like to play on the street because there is a lot of modded diesels here and fast street cars. Also of times the races are from like a 20 roll. Wonder how I could get the delay box not to come on if I was racing from a roll so traction wouldn't be a major issue. I could let the nitrous hit instantly at WOT. Could I put like a 2nd toggle switch on the delay box to use it when I need it?

Back