Samurai Crawler Project

You can special order (or at least used to be able to) a MLS gasket for a mechanical head from overseas, at around $150. I dont remember where it was you had to get it though.

Very nice! Cool project! I've always wanted an off-road toy also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been a bit, have more pics to add but for now....

114BF98E-A6B8-4FC0-A0FA-19C487DED430.jpg

Been a bit, have more pics to add but for now....

114BF98E-A6B8-4FC0-A0FA-19C487DED430.jpg

Jeebus :clap:

Gonna be a nasty little thing. I still cannot comprehend why people spend the money they do on a dam jeep when these sammies can be had much cheaper and actually are better offroad machines IMO.

Looking nice. Those 12bolt H1s? Running air shocks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah H1, but they are 8 bolts. 18" air shocks, but I need to go to a 16 in the front, the 18"s are actually making me have to limit the droop in the front due to how long the shock this, and packaging. I notched the frame to try and help this but still isn't gonna work. In that pic the front shock is only using 12" of travel. The rears are using about 16".

Jeebus :clap:

Gonna be a nasty little thing. I still cannot comprehend why people spend the money they do on a dam jeep when these sammies can be had much cheaper and actually are better offroad machines IMO.

Because it's a Jeep thing! Lol and it's mostly bolt on with that stuff!

Because it's a Jeep thing! Lol and it's mostly bolt on with that stuff!

LOL that exactly what I was saying to myself. Hopefully you plan to get the "Roll me over if you can read this" upside down sticker mod.

LOL that exactly what I was saying to myself. Hopefully you plan to get the "Roll me over if you can read this" upside down sticker mod.

Hopefully I don't roll over! I'm sure it will happen, though my Sami is going to sit a lot lower than a few of my buddies rigs, so if I just follow them through the sketchy spots and they make it, I should be fine!!

Oh and since it's a VW engine, the window banner will be "Fukenzuken"

Back