Say hello to the newest horse in the HRD stable

The truck really built to fulfill a dream. The red truck belonged to a special young man who was very close to all of us. If you happened to see the name that was over the passenger's door, it belongs to Michael's nephew David, who was killed in a tragic boating accident. We built that truck iin his honor, and will continue to run it. That truck will never leave the stable. It will always represent our team, and the company.

Having accomplished what we set out to do with it, it was time to live out one of Michael's long standing wish to build a true dragster. We're going to build this car for him.

I know we're not the first to do it, but we're very excited about this build, and want to showcase how competitive a diesel powered vehicle will be in this class as well. The intent is not to take away from the accomplishments of other, totally not the intent at all. And I hope it doesn't come across that way, but rather to build on those accomplishments and further establish ourselves among the elite in the diesel drag racing community, and branch out into a larger drag racing audience.

No mattere how you see it, we're just out to have fun, and we're going to have fun with this ride.

I don't see why it would matter if there is a trend of altered cars coming out. The more the merrier.

Looks good!

^^^^ Good post
indeed Curtis you nailed it.

I don't see why it would matter if there is a trend of altered cars coming out. The more the merrier.

Looks good!
True that. We need more of all the classes (except maybe et LOL) to make diesel racing bigger and better.

Last edited:
Besides, with Michael all tied up with the altered, I'm gonna get a little wheel time in the little red truck.

And contrary to what he thinks, my wife won't stop me for doing it. :D

I already got the "well, you're gonna do what you want anyway" blessing. :D

That is what I thought too Curtis. Wife has a hell of a bargaining chip on my arse now with the red truck. I can't say chit anymore. She has not stopped me but stuff ain't the same LOL.

If i sounded like i was knocking it I am sorry. I love altered and if i had to means to build one i would, I was just joking around. I love anything fast but altered are one of my favorites, livin on the edge. I looked at one a year ago and I am dumb enough to put my VE motor in it!!

Thanks for all the encouragement guys.
Anybody have an idea on front to back weight balance?
I'm going to be locating the motor and have no idea what I'm doing.....

Michael
HRD

What are the odds of it being ready for the NADM race in Denton next month? :D

Looks awesome! Nice that it's got a rear suspension too, should offer more tunability than a hardtail. Should be some fun times out there with the new Pro Stock and Altered rides being built!

While no expert, Ive been told that a good starting spot is 52 - 54% over the front to start with.

While no expert, Ive been told that a good starting spot is 52 - 54% over the front to start with.

Thanks, that's what I need.
Just found out the NHRA Division points meet is in Houston this weekend.
I'm going to go ask some questions and take some pics if they will let me.