Scheid diesel duel fuelers

smokinbillygoat

Punishin For Pleasure
I seen the new scheid diesel duel fuelers and I was just wondering if anyone is running them if so then do they like them?

probaly not they just came out on that dummy engine , friend of mine that works there was hoping to get it on his 05 for display but it didnt work out mayb he can get it on and dyno and they have some other nice fuel peices coming soon

Pics, it could be based on or someone else's kit that schield is selling. But sounds cool.

triton just had his motor done by scheid, but im not sure what kit they used.
all i know is that is was the first set of cp3x2's they'd put on.

Scheid is big on selling ATS's dual fueler. My PPE was the first they did. I guess were reluctant to try PPE's kit until I told them I was buying a kit to put on my truck . At the same time, Dan w/PPE was looking to get them to carry their product. BTW... thanks Dan ! I imagine it all worked out cause I saw a ton of PPE literature while I was there.

I don't think any kit is much different from the other. II, Scheid and PPE all use duramax pumps. The hardware may be a little different is all I could figure. I could be wrong.

Rods said:
Triton are you trying the new scheid sticks ?

No I'm not. They tried selling me on them but, they want to sell the entire injectors and they don't take the core. 3K for injectors was out of the question. They said they are some special 100hp set up and you can only get them that way by buying the whole injector. I didn't buy that. I went with extruded hone tips @ 60%

With this fuel trouble I'm having, I thought something may have been wrong with the tips so I pulled them and sent them to Don to upgrade them to Flux II's. Don sent them back without anything done stating, I assume as I heard through his vendor that, it would have been a waste of money for him to have done anything to them.

They have a truck that gained 100hp with the injectors , and I heard one of there customes came in with some fluxes and they swaped out and the guy was well pleased with the scheid ones

I'd like to know how these are different or more special than the injectors they typically sell which are extrude honed tips. Maybe Dan got in there and put some of his mojo on them ??

I won't or can't say who's is better but, I bet Don sells a lot more than they do.

Hey guys,

This is my first post over here, so I thought I'd let ya all in on my new injectors. Since I beleive that Scheid is talking about me as the customer going from Fluxs to their new injectors. First off for those that don't know, I had my motor built by Scheid about 7-8 months ago and have had a smoking problem (black haze at boost) since the motor has been running. I first started off with Scheid's honed injectors, they were hazing, then got a set of Don M's flux 2's, and they hazed, sent them back to Don and he put on Flux 1's, and again hazed. So then a third time I sent them in to Don M and he put on stock tips and again still hazed.

So in the mean time I took my truck to Scheid Diesel to have a different problem taken care off. So while it was there I told them to see what they could find out with the hazing problem. To make a long story short they ended up putting in their new injectors and everything cleared up. From what i gathered, these new injectors are a 10 hole tip, and are a complete new bosch product. And they have not been modified at all, not sure what they were built for orginally. According to the dyno sheets they made good power too, just over 100hp at the wheels. Now I have hardly no smoke off idle, boxes turned down and have no hazing at highway speeds (crusing light load) no matter where I have my fueling set. When I do turn the fuel up it will smoke like a train but once the load goes away so does the smoke and haze.

My take on things is that I have always had a bad injector since I first got my motor going. And I don't think anybody could find the problem with the old injectors. When I was sending them into Don M and he was telling me they were fine, I guessed that they were. But come to find out he is not able to completely check out the 04.5 and up injectors because of the third injection event. He can only do one snap on the injector and not the three snaps to simulate a complete stroke. Dont get me wrong Don M was willing to do what he could and ended up reimbursing me for the tips. He did say that with in the next few months he was going to be getting a machine that would let him test all three events so that would help detect if the body had a problem.

So I can say that I am happy with these injectors finally, they seem to have good power and don't haze. On Scheid's dyno they were just over a 100 hp at the wheels, that was with just the injectors. And with my Edge Hot cranked all the way up and these injectors they put down 520hp 1074 tq. So I thought that was pretty good, Dan Scheid also said that if I put it on Dave Dunbars dyno it would show quite a bit more.

Ty, you getting your fueling figured out?

Thanks guys,

Dustin

dustin, first off welcome to the site! secondly, which branch of scheid was your truck at? this is not the first i have heard of 10 holes, a mouse told me about some 10x.007's last year...but i never heard anything more
that was for an 03 too

that's great to hear Dustin. It's really odd though...what kind of mojo did they do to your engine to only except Scheid injectors ?? They did tell me about them but, the price ! did they take yours in for cores ? If you don't mind, I'd like to know if they did and what it cost you. You can PM me.

How about the valve seals ? I heard the air tool wasn't the problem :pop:

I'm in the middle of working out this no boost over fueling issue. I hope something works without doing too much. My injectors are being delivered today from Don who also said mine are fine. I'll get them back in, do some tweaks and hope for the best.

I believe someone else is selling the 10 hole injectors..... II ?? It may be part of my problem too. More smaller holes makes better sense than fewer bigger holes.
I may have to look into them if my problem continues

feelmecummin
his truck was at the Effingham shop.

dustin are you running a stock cp3? and those injectors your running are they the new lightning injectors that scheid has?

There are 2 trucks with the duel fuelers on now , no dyno#s tho , good #s there Dustin

Last edited: