Scheid diesel duel fuelers

smokinbillygoat said:
dustin are you running a stock cp3? and those injectors your running are they the new lightning injectors that scheid has?

I have a Industrial Injection CP3 and I beleive that Scheid is calling these injectors lightning, but then again I think they call all their stuff lightning?:rockwoot:

Relentless Dual CP3s

triton said:
Scheid is big on selling ATS's dual fueler. My PPE was the first they did. I guess were reluctant to try PPE's kit until I told them I was buying a kit to put on my truck . At the same time, Dan w/PPE was looking to get them to carry their product. BTW... thanks Dan ! I imagine it all worked out cause I saw a ton of PPE literature while I was there.

I don't think any kit is much different from the other. II, Scheid and PPE all use duramax pumps. The hardware may be a little different is all I could figure. I could be wrong.

I have the Relentless set and they use 2 Dodge CP3s,.. NO D-Max here.

Scheid's Sticks

feelmecummin said:
dustin, first off welcome to the site! secondly, which branch of scheid was your truck at? this is not the first i have heard of 10 holes, a mouse told me about some 10x.007's last year...but i never heard anything more
that was for an 03 too

Do you know if they (the 10 hole) are a new Bosch Tip?

Yes Industrial Injection is selling 10 hole C/R nozzles. They are new nozzles and come in Version 1, 2 and 3. The Version 1 not only gives 100hp but has been increasing fuel mileage. (Some say 2mpg) The small hole sizes can not be made with an EDM. These are made at a nozzle manufacturer to achieve the hole sizes and they also have a very upgraded nozzle sack configuration.

OT-OF-Here said:
Do you know if they (the 10 hole) are a new Bosch Tip?

These are a complete new injector from top to bottom, and come the way they are from Bosch, nothing is modified.

TopFueler said:
The small hole sizes can not be made with an EDM. These are made at a nozzle manufacturer to achieve the hole sizes and they also have a very upgraded nozzle sack configuration.

How do you think all nozzles are made?

10 hole nozzles will atomize better and make more torque because of it but they wont make the power the 5 and 8 hole factory nozzles make. That is also why the smoke is reduced at idle as one person here has experienced. It most likely didn't fix his problem, just hid it.

The new nozzles really work great, I have the small 29 LPM in X and its over 900 hp and still has fuel pressure above the limit of the sensors 26,800.

This can be attributed to the CP3 from industrial. There is more to this then bolting on a second pump , and it seems that everyone is doing it now.

Idaho CTD said:
How do you think all nozzles are made?

10 hole nozzles will atomize better and make more torque because of it but they wont make the power the 5 and 8 hole factory nozzles make. That is also why the smoke is reduced at idle as one person here has experienced. It most likely didn't fix his problem, just hid it.

I never had a smoking problem at an idle, just hazing all the time when going down the road. But anyway, I guess that I am not totally agreeing with your statement that the 10 hole injectors won't make the power the 5-8 hole injectors will make. These injectors have the same flow as some modified injectors, but have smaller holes to atomize the fuel better (eleminate haze), but have more holes to allow for the higher flow.

Then if it hid my problem what would that be?

Dustin

Dustin,

I'm not going to go into what happens in the cylinder but basically there is a reason Bosch does what they do and deviating a lot from what the factory nozzles do generally hurts power output. You can take two sets of injectors with exactly the same flow yet have different spray angles and they will make way different power. The same thing happens with the number of holes.

I dont know what the problem with the truck is but if I had to guess without knowing anything about your truck I would say the solenoid on the cp3 pump has something wrong with it. It sounds like maybe your idle psi is low. One way to check that without a gauge is to unplug the cp3. It should start rattling and knocking as the rail pressure will go up a lot. Like I said that is just a guess. There should be no reason in a normally functioning truck for stock injectors to haze.

heck get the scheids I'm sure you can get a disscount lol

lol yea thats the set im goin with im about to get them I was just wondering what kind of numbers he laid down with his set

nathan elaborate on your last statement...mine smokes driving down the road as well, but i have 5 hole 80 hp injectors from scheid
what to unplug and is the solenoid itself replacable?

It's not driving down the road that is his concern. He had smoke at idle from stock injectors. That is something that shouldn't happen without a faulty fuel system and or box/downloader/etc. All this assumes the motor is in good shape too. Driving down the road is different. That could indicate poor injector seat quality, to big of an injector, laggy turbos, blown relief valve, and possibly even a bad solenoid. The CP3 solenoid (the only electrical portion of the pump) can be replace speperate from the pump. Telling him to unplug the solenoid was to test and see if his hazing would go away with elevated rail pressure. Unplugging the solenoid makes the pump go to max pressure.

mine is barely visible, so its probably just from the injectors...thanks for the info though

I'm not sure who your talking about, but I never had a problem with hazing at an idle, just crusing speeds. And in checking all my rail pressures everything was where it should be. I think that I had a bad injector body that nobody could find a problem with, and that is why when Scheid changed all injector bodies out the problem went away. That be my guess.