scheid mod truck

the billit block is not what is giving up,it is the parts that are trying to make an exit that is punching holes in it.the cat truck is pushing the limits of the other parts,not the block.i do however agree that if they would all be running at an event,it would help the sport and that class.just my thoughts

Didnt Double Overtime get triples? Has he trashed any blocks this year?

Why do they all hide their trucks with the hoods always down? How do they work on their trucks when at the track? Do they push it back into the trailer to work on them? I've never seen any of the mod guys other than Eric that have left their bodies up or hoods open.

I know they stuff is somewhat secret...but do they have it so dialed in they never work on them at the track? I've been to many pulls and never seen them with the hoods up.

Didnt Double Overtime get triples? Has he trashed any blocks this year?

Yes he has triples now, and a new pump from scheids. I believe I heard he has went through 3 blocks since he's been running the truck

Why do they all hide their trucks with the hoods always down? How do they work on their trucks when at the track? Do they push it back into the trailer to work on them? I've never seen any of the mod guys other than Eric that have left their bodies up or hoods open.

I know they stuff is somewhat secret...but do they have it so dialed in they never work on them at the track? I've been to many pulls and never seen them with the hoods up.

Chris Watson used to put his blue "Smokin" truck on display at Scheid.

which is now nicely and openly displayed by BBD. Even all sprawled out on the web.

C-ya

there is a lot of r&d still going on and yes believe it or not there is still a lot of secret type parts. the limit of the stock block was reached a few years ago but right now a 1500 hp truck that will stay together will win the average at the end of the year.

the breaking issues will get resolved and when they do its gonna get good.

ted

I dont think Josh's blocks are to blame since i believe he has never had an actual failure of the block, had the parts inside fail for one reason or another and take the block out but the block didnt fail (that is all im going to say on this matter because of some stuff i was told that dont need to be repeated)..... its pretty hard to get a billet block or forged block to fail, i helped fix a couple top fuel blocks at college (8,000 peak horsepower mind you) that looked like a small charge of C4 was detonated inside them and the blocks were fine, really beat up inside from the parts slapping around but there integrity never failed......smoothed them out with grinder and welded them up.....

Haisley and Double Overtime both had their hoods up at Houston last year for all to see, that's when I got to look at the different versions of the HX-82.

Jim

This is just my thoughts so nobody kill me for this comment, but im alittle concerned if they dont back this mod class down it is going to be the death of the class. The 3 charger idea is cool but they were blowing blocks with 2 chargers and i believe everybody that runs a mod truck has waisted a block this year. So this class has gotten way out of the reach of the normal poeple when your going through 2-3 blocks a year at 5-10k. Me personally would like to see them go back to the 2 stage max 2 turbo rule non-billet block and have 6-10 mods show up then what they are allowed now with the rules and have 2 show because eveybody else is broke. I also dont believe that the billet block is the answer either as Atley has shown the will also come apart. The question is, is how many times will you be able to fix them until they are fatigued to much to fix and i dont see alot of people replacing block after block until it gets to costly and give up. I think its an awesome class and would love to run in it one day but in the direction they are going theres no way to get in and be competitive

I agree 100% the class has went down hill. Usually a 1 to 2 truck mod class this year because everybody is broke down.

This is just my thoughts so nobody kill me for this comment, but im alittle concerned if they dont back this mod class down it is going to be the death of the class. The 3 charger idea is cool but they were blowing blocks with 2 chargers and i believe everybody that runs a mod truck has waisted a block this year. So this class has gotten way out of the reach of the normal poeple when your going through 2-3 blocks a year at 5-10k. Me personally would like to see them go back to the 2 stage max 2 turbo rule non-billet block and have 6-10 mods show up then what they are allowed now with the rules and have 2 show because eveybody else is broke. I also dont believe that the billet block is the answer either as Atley has shown the will also come apart. The question is, is how many times will you be able to fix them until they are fatigued to much to fix and i dont see alot of people replacing block after block until it gets to costly and give up. I think its an awesome class and would love to run in it one day but in the direction they are going theres no way to get in and be competitive

Well said and one of the main reasons WPE doesn't go overboard with my build, or use experimental stuff is I need the longevity. I have no big name shops out this way that are playing with Modified motors so I need it to live and allow me to bank some cash for when it doesn’t. I attended most of the events out this way the last two years, and the last block lasted 4 years, I think that is sufficient :)

BBD

Everyone should be checking out the new Diesel Power magazine to get awsome pics of everything on the truck.Great write-up on it as well.Enjoy.

Bill

i have seen under curts, erics and shanes hoods, but i doubt anyone other than the scheid "click" will see under their trucks. they are very secretive.

Hell. I invite everyone and anyone to come by the shop if you are in town. I got no secrets.

Major breakage is exactly why NADM promotes Super Street so hard with limited twins. Still hot enough to make a great show, but a whole lot easier on parts than full blown Mods.

Unless something changes, I'm afraid the Mod class will be an exhibition class next year.

BBD, Watson and Dave Radzierez from a few years back were always willing to show the crowd their trucks..... that is also why they have more magazine spreads than the rest of the class put together.

The Cat truck has had their body up almost everywhere I have seen it.

Major breakage is exactly why NADM promotes Super Street so hard with limited twins. Still hot enough to make a great show, but a whole lot easier on parts than full blown Mods.

Unless something changes, I'm afraid the Mod class will be an exhibition class next year.

BBD, Watson and Dave Radzierez from a few years back were always willing to show the crowd their trucks..... that is also why they have more magazine spreads than the rest of the class put together.

The Cat truck has had their body up almost everywhere I have seen it.

They have also had a large multi-page spread in DP....