SCT and Head Gaskets.....

BartF250 said:
Hey ya'll, just wanted to ask a stupid question,,, what is a looney tune ? I see Superchip and bullydog and hypertech all over but no one seems to handle anything else around here. I try and read up on all latest and greatest but when it comes to these custom tunes I am totally confused...HELP !!!!

Someone else may be able to put into better words than me but "Looney Tunes" is a custom file wrote by DJ performance for the SCT tuner. They write custom files for your specific application and the "Looney Tune" is just one of those custom files that they have had great results with. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

Lifted94XLT said:
I didn't mean leave it installed, I meant take it back to stock tune. Won't the dealership be able to tell that the tune has been in there??? ghost codes or what have you.

--Ryan

am I wrong in my thinkin?
--Ryan

I know alldiesels has made close to 700(if not over) on spray and 632HP on fuel. The only time his truck has puked was spraying it while sled pulling, my friend on the other hand with his 03 pukes like crazy with his SCT

kasey200 said:
Someone else may be able to put into better words than me but "Looney Tunes" is a custom file wrote by DJ performance for the SCT tuner. They write custom files for your specific application and the "Looney Tune" is just one of those custom files that they have had great results with. Please correct me if i'm wrong.
That is correct.

How much did you lose? If it is down only an inch or two from the full mark, you are probably ok. If the res. is empty you may have issues.

now on another thread here you guys said the sct didnt puke. im just getting confused here.

My truck has puked a few times with the SCT. I can pnly blame myself for that. It takes alot of abuse before shepukes. I do mean alot.

I"ll have to check how much it actually threw out, I just looked under the hood the other day, and I had dried coolant all over the place.

as far as codes I heard that 03-05 nearly untraceable and ford does not train techs to figure it out so your pretty safe, 06 up I believe there is a code or certain things they can look for that tells them max settings were exceeded. Is there any techs that can confirm this info? As for puking, my resevoir puked down to the min line during some heavy 4x4 use with a high power tune and has not puked since.

i have taken my truck through hell n back alot with my banks.... and i know its not as agressive of a tune so im guessing thats why it never puked? or does it matter on other things

If your puking make sure that your degas bottle isnt too full or it will puke until it gets to the bottom of the yellow sticker or MIN line, that is where it should be filled to, i thought my hg was blown but just had too much fluid,if it is too full there is a little plastic nut right under the radiator that you need to turn and let some of your fluid out!it will be a alan wrench style! If you see shredds of metal dont be worried,most likley its just from the fatory,

ok and last of all,if your hg is leaking there will be oily haze inside your degas bottle, like putting gas in water,you know the multicolored splat!!

Back