SCT and MBRP

BrandonB

Just waitin
What custom tunes should i go with, im thinking tunes by innovative but i have been told GoGo diesel are good. what should i get.

also should i get a turbo back or cat back?

turbo back, and you can't go wrong with either tuner. I have gotten most of the tunes for my dad's dually from doug at Gogo though. His number is 954-275-6801 if you want to call and talk to him. He is mostly like awake right now if you were to call him. He operates till at least 4 am most nights... LOL

Turbo back..both tuners are good..sometimes hard to get tunes from gogo

I just got the xtreme race from innovative and am very impressed with it. Just like everyone says the shifting is spot on and it runs like a bat out of hell.

Yes it is. There is a night and day diffrence between his regular street tune and his extreme tunes. Like everyone is saying you really can't go wrong with either Eric or Doug. I dynoed with both of their tunes and they were with in 10hp of each other.

To caveat with Brandon's question, will any of these tunes hurt a completely stock motor? I'm looking at doing something similar, but don't want to risk blowing a head gasket or something like that.

I am new to owning a diesel compared to some of the guys on here but from what I have learned is that if you start modifiying and adding power you are increasing the risk of head gasket failure with out head studs. These trucks were and still are blowing head gaskets when completely stock and thats the only reason I havent tuned mine yet. I have an SCT XCal 3 sitting in my closet from F150 that I am itching to use but until the head gaskets pop on my truck it is staying stock.

Nobody can say that for sure you will not blow the headgaskets cause each truck is different, but I know ID has programs that are for trucks in stock form. That is what I have from him since my headstuds are still sitting here waiting to go into my extra motor.

Yeah I'm looking at the same problem: headgasket failure. I was looking at a SCT SF3 ($379.99) from XtremeDiesel.com and an SCT X3 ($429.99) from InnovativeDiesel.com. I like the SF3 because it has slightly more horsepower at full gain (and its cheaper), but I was worried about the transmission and gas mileage, and of course, them dang headgaskets! So which will shift smoother, which will give more MPGs, and which will conserve my headgaskets better? THANKS

I would go with ERic at Innovative. He is by far the best tuner. you better hope xtremediesel is selling you custom tunes for that price and not just the can tunes it comes with

Yeah I'm looking at the same problem: headgasket failure. I was looking at a SCT SF3 ($379.99) from XtremeDiesel.com and an SCT X3 ($429.99) from InnovativeDiesel.com. I like the SF3 because it has slightly more horsepower at full gain (and its cheaper), but I was worried about the transmission and gas mileage, and of course, them dang headgaskets! So which will shift smoother, which will give more MPGs, and which will conserve my headgaskets better? THANKS

I'm not entirely certain, but the tunes are the same regardless of the device you load them on. You will see the same power from extreme "whatever" regardless if its on a Xcaliber, xcaliber2, SF3 or X3.