SCT for fuel mpg on 6.0L?

Got Smoke?

Got a buddy who is basically hot shotting reciever hitch campers that are privately owned. He just bought a 2005 F350 6.0L Crew cab drw auto last week. It already had a cold air intake, but the exhaust is stock. He is completely content with his power pulling the trailers, but would like to bump his milage up if possible.

I've always heard SCT for 6.0L's becaus you can get mild tunes that won't put you in head gasket danger. I don't know anything about 'em I'm a Cummins guy.

I was browsing Pure Diesel Power's website looking at SCT tuners and saw the SCT Economizer. Is this ideal for what he's doing or should he step up to the SCT Power Flash? :what:

6.0 stupid guys so help me help my buddy!:thankyou2:

These are the tuning gurus of the the 6.0 and yes they all use the SCT flash device, SCT is similar to EFIlive for the duramax, these guys can custom tune it for whatever you want. BUT as far as fuel milage you need to increase cylinder pressures(timing) which is bad for the 6.0 these guys don't add much timing . The tow tunes are good and the trans tuning alone will be worth it

elite diesel
innovative diesel
gearhead diesel
gogo diesel

X2!! I would have him give them a call and tell them what he wants and what he is doing. They all should be able to do it. Also with the sct exhaust braking is possible with so years.

Using an SCT custom tune with some FICM tuning would get some great results! Maybe even add an AirDog with a fuel sump to help with fuel pressure stability.

I can't comment on SCT diesel tunes, but as far as customer service, they are simply amazing. I sent a general question through their website and had a response within minutes. Ended up getting a tuner for my g/f's '08 f350 v10 and the results have been fantastic--the product does exactly what it claims to do--more power, better economy. Went from 8-9 in tow to 10-12.

Also if he upgrades exhaust he will gain about .5 to 1 mpg. 4inch is all he should need.

he should upgrade to the sct power flash and delete the egr at a minimum.

he should upgrade to the sct power flash and delete the egr at a minimum.

Plans are for a SCT Power Flash tuner & a EGT gauge. The truck already had a aftermarket cold air intake when he got it. I got a txt the other night saying he noticed a loss in boost so decided to change the fuel filters. Found them somewhere changed the filters and said it was a whole different truck! Picked up a little power & was blowing a little smoke. LOL Also while changing the filters he discovered a 1/8" NPT plug in the driverside manifold so the previous owner (one owner truck) has had some sort of power adding device on it in the past.

Not sure if the exhaust is stock or not, but I know he will be doing a 4" free flowing exhaust when he can afford too.

What are the benefits of the EGR delete? Sorry not familiar with all the nit picky things on these newer trucks that I can't afford. :poke:

Plans are for a SCT Power Flash tuner & a EGT gauge. The truck already had a aftermarket cold air intake when he got it. I got a txt the other night saying he noticed a loss in boost so decided to change the fuel filters. Found them somewhere changed the filters and said it was a whole different truck! Picked up a little power & was blowing a little smoke. LOL Also while changing the filters he discovered a 1/8" NPT plug in the driverside manifold so the previous owner (one owner truck) has had some sort of power adding device on it in the past.

Not sure if the exhaust is stock or not, but I know he will be doing a 4" free flowing exhaust when he can afford too.

What are the benefits of the EGR delete? Sorry not familiar with all the nit picky things on these newer trucks that I can't afford. :poke:

from my understanding of it the Egr is what causes the headgaskets to blow especially if there's a tune in the truck and its driven hard, so delete this and install or pay someone to do the work of installing new head gaskets and arp head studs.

I have an o4 ccsb 4x4 that i have done an egr delete, new oil cooler, 4" straight pipe exhaust and now run an sct with a mild street tune. if i stay under 65 i can get about 17-18. add speed and decrease mileage.. but i can tow anything i want @70 or 75 and love it