SCT X3 Problems

Bad Habit

Hi all, I wonder if anyone has experienced this.

I have an SCT Xcal3. I recently took the truck back to stock to upgrade the firmware in the X3. Everything went ok with that (finally after figuring out which file was the correct update). The unit still showed my custom tunes in it so to the truck I go to put one of the tunes back in. Everything goes good getting the stock tune off, but then when it tries to write the new tune to the pcm it says "error opening file". I've tried all three tunes and they all give the same error.

From what I can gather from SCT's site, it kind of turns my #3000 X3 into a #3015 SF3. Are my custom tunes inside the unit now toast (appears to be).
I can't try to load the tunes back into the unit due to my hard drive crashing and loosing them.

Am I porked?

Thanks in advance.

I think the tunes need to be re formatted for the SF code, call the guy you got the tunes from and he can do it for ya. If not call SCT and they will have you do a data dump and e-mail it to them and they will convert it.

Thanks for the info.

The tunes are from Innovative Diesel, but I got them through Discount Power Parts. No luck getting in touch with DPP, so I guess I'll wait until ID is back next week.

Thanks again.

Back