Sct Xcal2

w_wilson

Just got my SCT XCAL2 from DJ's last week. Everything went great, ordering, install, and the tunes. Thanks Vivian! Got to tell you guys, I love the looney tune. Now I see why all you guys are so crazy about the smoke.
There is nothing better than dropping the hammer and blowing out that big black cloud. Thanks DJ & Vivian

Yip, Been doing it for 2 years, and it just keeps getting more fun. DJ and Vivian are the tops.

They can tune the custom stuff too....fo sho.
110 mph trap speeds prove that.

I think Richard (Unbroken) is reffering to tuning for new turbos, injectors, fuel systems, ect....

Are these SCT tunes the end all be all for the Fords? My brother in law is out growing his Bully Dog Tripple and feels the need for more. Can they be had in any flavour a guy wanted?

Mike, I'm running DJ's economy, street and looney, EGT are running pretty high with the looney tune. The street tune is real strong and I sure a great everyday driving tune, really don't care about the economy tune but it would be nice to get better than 10 mpg.

What is "high" egt?

what type of temps are we talking about here?

ie: 65 mph cruise and WOT.

Running the looney tune wide open saw egt as high as 1450, got up there really quick, and I backed off to 65 mph where the egt numbers settled aronud 1000.

I agree, 1000 is waaaay to high for 65 mph. I see about 650 ish at that speed.My EGT's will climb quick at w.o.t.(1400+) but will start to cool off after that.

I agree, 65 mph on flat road, 650ish manifold temp is what I see.

If yours is 1k @ 65 mph on flat road, something is screwy!!!

typically I am running about 800 at normal crusing speed of 65, maybe my probe placement is not correct. I thought
it seemed to be about a 100 off because my stock idol temp seemed a little high at around 450-500.

I too wonder if there is something wrong with your Pyro probe or it's placement. I am not that high either.

Where is your pryo?

Mine is in the drivers side manifold right where all 4 cyl dump into it and it makes the turn going up to the charger.

Back