Season Opener for Div.1

jetta girl

Flr-0216-Lrg.gif
[/IMG]

Who wants to get beat by a girl? :poke:

:cheer: :cheer:

Jetta Girl is very deadly at cutting the tree.... She will humble you if you aren't ready.......:rockwoot: :tree: Go get em !

This Saturday is the first points race of the 2008 MBRP Diesel Drag Race Series and will be held at Pacific Raceways in Kent, Washington. Gates open at 8:00 am and Time Trials get underway at 10:00. Since this is the first race of the season you’ll want to arrive so you have time to renew your NHRDA membership and sign up for contingency. This year’s contingency sponsors include MBRP Performance Exhaust, NADP (North American Diesel Performance), BD Diesel Performance, and AFE Power. As always, participation in the NHRDA contingency program is FREE so be sure to stop by the NHRDA booth and sign up before qualifying begins. For more info visit our website – www.nhrda.com

General Event Info –
Gates Open: 8:00 am
Member & Contingency Sign-Up: 8:00 am to 10:00 am
Driver meeting 9.30 am
Time Trials: 10:00 am to Noon
Eliminations: Start at 1:00 pm

Racer Fee (paid at the gate): $30.00
NHRDA Membership: $40.00
Contingency FREE

:rockwoot: :thankyou2: :welcome:
Hope to see you at the track!

The Kick-Off to the 2008 season!!!!! You guys tear it up out there in the North West!! Have fun and most of all be safe!

We actually got to race, despite the light rain in the morning. I didn't turn on my windshield wipers the entire trip, until I was about 10 miles from the track. Kinda glad it started there, because I decided to stop to top off the fuel tanks for extra traction (I was planning on driving straight to the track otherwise to get there on time). The traction was pretty iffy, despite hours of prep time by the track crew. 48° temps and first race of the season (and recent rain) add up to crappy traction! My big dually feels weird when I run the tires down to 20 psi...

Regards,
Michael Pliska

We actually got to race, despite the light rain in the morning.
Wow, gotta give it up for the track crew. Tell us more, what happened? Who finished where? We're waiting.... :pop: :pop:

I knocked off jettagirl in round one of eliminations, she was driving her hubbys Dodge dually and was having troubles with the new vehicle although she says shell have her jetta back one way or another for the next race. I then red lighted in round two and all I had to do was not red light and I'd won as the guy ran out of juice and his time was way off:doh: All in all not a bad day of racing Fords dominated the track on Saturday:rockwoot:as always:hehe: . Although it was a very light turnout i'm sure weather had a big part in that. Not sure of the names of the winners I'm sure someone else will chime in with that.

outlaw6oh said:
I knocked off jettagirl in round one of eliminations, she was driving her hubbys Dodge dually and was having troubles with the new vehicle although she says shell have her jetta back one way or another for the next race. I then red lighted in round two and all I had to do was not red light and I'd won as the guy ran out of juice and his time was way off:doh: All in all not a bad day of racing Fords dominated the track on Saturday:rockwoot:as always:hehe: . Although it was a very light turnout i'm sure weather had a big part in that. Not sure of the names of the winners I'm sure someone else will chime in with that.

Yep, good race! I hope to line up with ya once I get my race car back... Then I can show you what I'm made of!! Thanks for courtesy staging, I've never staged a truck before, and I know I was taking a long time. :bang

Good job, Outlaw, I hope to see you at more races!! :rockwoot:

Not a problem glad to let ya stage up:welcome: , I've already talked it over with the boss and unless things change we should make the majority of the races and hopefully before you get your jetta back I can cut some off my R/T as you are very consistent with the car:tree:

As far as results: Pro-1 - Jim Calhoun (Dodge 12V) won & Mike Weeks ("Kainers" on the forums, driving his crew cab F350) took runner-up.
Pro-2 - Michael Pliska (me) won (see sig for truck), and Daryl Dinwiddie (Ford_Forgotton) took runner-up in his F250.
Super-Street - Steve Farley (I think that's his last name) pretty much destroyed everyone by running 11.80's. I didn't see who took runner-up.

Regards,
Michael Pliska