Second Oil analysis......

JTProuhet

I just got my second oil report back from blackstone. He said that the iron is alot higher than normal... I know that iron is metal... but what do you guys think it could be making it go up?? I will attach my first report as well.. Thanks

I guess i will go back to changing the oil around 4k.... I am using a WIX filter and rotella t 15w40

Attachments

• D98425[1].pdf
    18.1 KB · Views: 166
  • D86116.pdf
    17.4 KB · Views: 165
are u using any oil addative? zdp is i think what hamilton cams suggests

A bottle of STP oil treatment will give you a little boost in zinc and should help lower iron content.

I agree about the additive. You might also want to black out that address. Lake St. Louis is nice!!!

I agree about the additive. You might also want to black out that address. Lake St. Louis is nice!!!

I tried... I couldnt figure it out... i tried getting it copied over to paint to blot my address and number out, but it wouldnt copy..

Send it to Cummins and see what they have to say. They claim the engine is capable of running safely with the CJ oils minus the additives. Be interesting to see what they have to say about it.

I refuse to get an OA done. Why worry about it?
We all know if they break we're gonna build them again anyway...

Your oil had viscosity, lots of soot, and abnormal wear. This all points to oil being ran too long. There was still healthy amounts of zinc and phosphorus, but you can see how the amount of these additives dropped with the longer interval. I'd shorten up the interval before looking at oil additives.

Try running the Rotella synthetic 5w-40. It should last a bit longer than what your using.

not trying to get off the subject but does your oil get dirtyer in the winter, its really dont get that cold hear in albama