Setup

silvernblack6.0

slow6.0
I am sure that this has been discussed before. I didn't bother to search for fear that some things might be outdated since things have changed since I started building my truck. I would like to know what people have done as far as tuning, other mods, whether they use is as a work truck, race truck, daily driver and what they expect out of their truck. I am not looking for secrets of how to build the right combination, just what has worked for everyone out there. I would actually like to hear from everybody, whether you have a race truck or daily driver. I have a daily driver with 185 cc injectors, an SS turbo, stock trans, and use it to primarily pull a trailer. I still want a fast truck when not pulling a trailer but I also want to get certain things done when pulling a trailer. Like fuel economy and reliabilty. My truck has definately failed in those departments. What are you running and what do you expect out of your truck? I hope this isn't to generic. Thanks

Well 190's and like a II 62/70 would work pretty well. THe 190's have another hole in the injector which helps better atomize the fuel. I think stock are 5 hole.. and the 190's and up are 6... then there are even more when you get to some of the bigger ones.

Well 190's and like a II 62/70 would work pretty well. THe 190's have another hole in the injector which helps better atomize the fuel. I think stock are 5 hole.. and the 190's and up are 6... then there are even more when you get to some of the bigger ones.

What? I think you are reffering to your crack pipe. The 6.0L stuff gets EDM'd or Extrude Honed out to flow higher L/min and then matched with a larger injector cavity size.

you are telling me that noone uses custom tips? They are all factory tips extruded?

There is an aftermarket nozzle that was created 100% over stock to start. But the inbetween sizes are modified.

I thought I read that DPP adds another hole to the injector and it helps to better atomize the fuel. It was in a Diesel Power or something to that extent not to long ago.

The dodge stuff gets extra holes. Like the Edge Jammer Nozzles. You can get 10 hole CR nozzles or 5 hole CR nozzles. II goes back to a 5 hole nozzle in the higher HP stuff instead of the 10hole.

so the lower hp rated injectors nozzles are 10 hole do you know what cutoff it is rather its the 100hp or75hp

so the lower hp rated injectors nozzles are 10 hole do you know what cutoff it is rather its the 100hp or75hp

Dodge stuff? Deppends on the application. And some companies HP numbers are different than the other company numbers.

okay, I guess I was a little too generic. Since, I have gone to the ss turbo. my egts are through the roof. bone stock tune, tow tune, all tunes seem to be to hot in order to pull a trailer effeciently. with a stock turbo and 185s, towing was very managable. it seems like i shot myself in the foot by going to the larger turbo. there is definately a noticable power difference in the top end though. should i have not gone to a larger turbo? thanks again. the drivability of the injectors has always been superb.

Your first post said you already had the SS turbo. What exactly did you do and in what order. And what year is your truck. Also would be nice to know what it is 250 or 350? Dually? What gears? What Tires? How much lift?

Mainly the 10 hole nozzles are used to better the atomization and lesen the Black Smoke. I have heard that Torque gains are better with 10 hole nozzles.

03 f250 with four inches of lift and 35s. 3.73 gears. initially just a sct programmer. then 185cc injectors and fuelsystem with programming to match. then most recently, an ss turbo. towing was fine with the stock turbo, but now with the ss, driving the truck empty is overwhelmingly hot. is it normal to run excessive egt at cruise. i used to run say empty truck and no wind, i would cruise on the flats at 70 at about 700 degrees and 7 poiunds of boost. now i cruise at 7 pounds of boost and 1000 degrees. touch the throttle and egts go through the roof. thanks again

yes, new programming to support the ss and it still seems rather high egt under all conditions. how much hotter, if any, are you guys seeing running the ss turbo. thanks again.

Does anybody have any egt numbers and boost level numbers when running an SS turbo with 185cc injectors? Still trying to find out whether I need to go back to a stock turbo. Thanks

Sounds to me that you just need to have a new tune that removes some fuel. Tell who ever you had do the last tune what issues you are having and they should be able to fix your high egt issues.