Setup

Is it Tadd's tuning too? That seems awful hot for your setup.

so those kind of egts are higher than normal? do you usually see similar egt with an ss as opposed to a stock turbo? Tadd is working on it and has sent another set of tunes, yet the truck is not even driveable down the interstate. 1300 degrees at the slightest incline and really no performance. i am getting confused? thanks again. i have searched high and low for a boost or exhaust leak and have yet to find one.

so those kind of egts are higher than normal? do you usually see similar egt with an ss as opposed to a stock turbo? Tadd is working on it and has sent another set of tunes, yet the truck is not even driveable down the interstate. 1300 degrees at the slightest incline and really no performance. i am getting confused? thanks again. i have searched high and low for a boost or exhaust leak and have yet to find one.

What are you seeing for boost?

I have seen a peak of 33 psi. It will normally cruise say at light load at about 7 psi and goes up from there. you can run a good grade in overdrive at about 2000 rpm with 13 or 14 psi at 1300 degrees. the more you wind it up the cooler it will run. make it downshift and it will run a consistant 18 psi with 1250 temps. thanks again

Just sounds like Tadd needs to pull a little fuel out of the bottom end.

he already has taken fuel out of it once. it seems low on power in the bottom end already. i am going to have to tear into and find out whats going on. i was hoping some people with similar setup could share their egt numbers and overall drivability. thanks again guys

i have three pyros, one in each manifold and one post turbo. the post turbo one doesn't work right now. both in each manifold have been there since the start of the building. the pyros are higher across the board on both sides. no other drivability problems exist.

maybe you just have a bad guage..there is no way at 13-14psi and a vgt ss you should be at 1300*

both pre turbo pyros bad, at the exact same time. not likely. one in one bank and one in the other. its almost like i have a large boost leak yet, with the entire system pressurized, one is not present. i am at my wits end. i will have to get it back in and double, triple check everything. thanks again

Each one has it's own gauge? That and I think he meant where are the probes actually located in the manifold?

at the end of the manifold as fas away from the closest cylinder as possible. yes, both guages have their own pyro probe. they have been installed the entire time the truck has been alive. never changed readings unless something else was changed,. i changed the turbo, and since then, have been struggling with high egts. thanks for clarifying