SFI Belhousing????

I talked to Dave at ProBell today and the bellhousing for our trucks are even more than whats posted above. $3289 is the price for the Can, Mid plate/engine adapter (basically ment for a tube chassis truck), all the fasteners, fork and normal internals on the belhousings and also a high torque starter. Pretty pricey is all I can say!!!!! There must be something better out there!!!

One thing I have thought about already is using the adapter from a 4bt which would allow you to use a can with a Chevy/pro-fab bolt patern. Then you could use a smaller 4 disk clutch that is more common with the gasser stuff, then you would just need to have the flyweel custom made....the only thing I really see about this would it would cause the reverser to be clocked slightly due to the adapter.

That is just me thinking out loud....as I have never seen those adapters in person but would save a fortune if you could do it...SFI chevy cans are pretty cheap !!!!!!

Anyone else have any ideas???

Ryan

Hey Ryan - you goin Pro Mod??

I use a Ford 4bt adaptor and I suspect the Gm version would be the same.

Problem is that You would still have an aluminum Blockplate/adaptor and a not very thick one at that. The standard tranny flywheel is also not compatable for anyhting in performance

You will see complete 4bt adaptor kits on Ebay almost weekly for around $600

It would be very easy to make a solid Steel block adaptor, and bolt the SFI can of choice on using a SFI dodge flywheel.

Would open up a lot more tranny choices as well.

I will offer that I dont see the advantage of usin a stick in the first place as you cant shift it goin down the track like you can a full manual automatic.

My custom made C6 and C6 convertor still look like new after its first season of pulling.

O and it is so much easier to spool the turbo with an auto.

Destroked.com has billet GM adapters non tilted for the cummins. Also try Stabb machine they have all kinds of bell housings even SB John Deere to Chevy!

Hey Ryan - you goin Pro Mod??

I use a Ford 4bt adaptor and I suspect the Gm version would be the same.

Problem is that You would still have an aluminum Blockplate/adaptor and a not very thick one at that. The standard tranny flywheel is also not compatable for anyhting in performance

You will see complete 4bt adaptor kits on Ebay almost weekly for around $600

It would be very easy to make a solid Steel block adaptor, and bolt the SFI can of choice on using a SFI dodge flywheel.

Would open up a lot more tranny choices as well.

I will offer that I dont see the advantage of usin a stick in the first place as you cant shift it goin down the track like you can a full manual automatic.

My custom made C6 and C6 convertor still look like new after its first season of pulling.

O and it is so much easier to spool the turbo with an auto.

All ready in Pro-Mod...looks like we are going to unlimited drive train for 2009 so I am gathering my info. I will take a clutch any day over a torque converter on a pull truck...just have to know how to drive it!!!

Also, I had a pretty large set of twins on my truck and they would lite in instantly so thats not a problem.

I am planning for the future and going for beef in the drive train...cut tires may come sooner than one and imagine so its good to be prepared for the added stress.

Ryan