shock tower

Joker12valve

Has any one made the stock tower shorter on the front end, what type of shock did you run then. It is in the way of the down pipe for the twins and just need a shorter mount, i can make one just need some info on the shocks that were used. thanks

I have made a flat plate on a few trucks to get it out of the way. Just brought the shock down to the parts store and told them to find me one 3" shorter.

picture? Just trying to figure out if I know what you are saying.

Here:
untitled-1.jpg

Brandon

that is how, then I just took my stock shock to my napa and the matched it up with on that was 4" shorter

thanks for the drawing, that is what i was talking about. just makeing sure that is what other people have done, would hate to get everything done then find out i'm sol.

Just curious on here why Glover said go with shocks 3" shorter and smokinrod said go with ones 4" shorter. Which should I go with.

Come on its only and inch. To tell you the truth my truck has the stock shock length on it still. I thought we took 3" out of the truck Rod was talking about.

So can this be done on a DD? Those towers do nothing but get in the way! Especally on a Large single turbo!!!!

If you make it strong enough and keep the same angles it would be fine.

If the angles are off to much its screws with the ride quality.