Shootin for 12s, thoughts on injector/turbo combinations

Rednek Diesel

Certified Rednek
So I'd like to get the truck into the 12s for this next season and am wondering what a good combination of injectors and turbo would be. Pretty much already decided to go with an Industrial Silver Bullet for the air department, and am wondering what to match it up with in the fuel department to help me achieve my goals. Thoughts at the moment are Industrial Super Dragon Flows, F1 Mach 5s, DDP 200s, and F1 Mach 6s. Opinions on these and any other options would be great.

Thats more than ample fuel to get into the 12's air shouldn't be an issue either. Good trans, traction bars, and a R.A.D box and you should be good to go. I'm determined to get there on 100hp sticks.
Sean

Shouldn't need a rad box with the smarty. How many people run industrial injectors, I know the F1 machs produce good results but haven't really talked to anybody with experience with II's and how they compare to others.

Shouldn't need a rad box with the smarty. How many people run industrial injectors, I know the F1 machs produce good results but haven't really talked to anybody with experience with II's and how they compare to others.

Smarty doesn't take care of all your tq management....if you want to get rid of it all then run the RAD!

You are gonna hate that bullet on the street. You dont need that much charger.

Thats more than ample fuel to get into the 12's air shouldn't be an issue either. Good trans, traction bars, and a R.A.D box and you should be good to go. I'm determined to get there on 100hp sticks.
Sean

I went 12.92 with my s300 and ddp 110's and edge juice with hot unlock. You should be able to get there with what you have. It wouldn't do it with out the RAD either as I was running low 14's on same setup till I put on the rad. Boosted launches really help.

So I'd like to get the truck into the 12s for this next season and am wondering what a good combination of injectors and turbo would be. Pretty much already decided to go with an Industrial Silver Bullet for the air department, and am wondering what to match it up with in the fuel department to help me achieve my goals. Thoughts at the moment are Industrial Super Dragon Flows, F1 Mach 5s, DDP 200s, and F1 Mach 6s. Opinions on these and any other options would be great.

are you thinking of running compounds later? If your thinking of going that route later a 62 would be a better size turbo and get you into the 12's. I would run some mach injectors. Also try running the truck with and without the smarty as from what I hear the smarty may feel like it's doing something, but been told it has slowed them down. I did run my 62 with some ddp 200's and ran 12.72. I think mach 5's would do pretty good though.

Not overly concerned aboot spoolup on the street, would a 64/74/14 be a better match for 200-220 horse injectors? Open to all suggestions. Twins would be great but don't have the cash for them right now, looking for a good single setup to produce results with for two or three seasons before maybe switching it up. Will look into picking up a rad as well then to.

dumb question..... what is a RAD box ????????

Rad Box Eliminates torque management when your racing.Smarty does not eliminate all of it & kinda falls on it face on the top end of the track I find. Or there is always the Red Line box it also eliminates torque management on ours anyhow.

Not overly concerned aboot spoolup on the street, would a 64/74/14 be a better match for 200-220 horse injectors? Open to all suggestions. Twins would be great but don't have the cash for them right now, looking for a good single setup to produce results with for two or three seasons before maybe switching it up. Will look into picking up a rad as well then to.

You not gonna drive it on the street?

Smarty doesn't take care of all your tq management....if you want to get rid of it all then run the RAD!

X2 on that.

Formula for low 12's when I had a vp: F-1 mach 6's, II Silver Bullet, F-1 Helix 2 cam, BD RAD, Blue Chip FMS and Suncoast tranny. Low 12's all day long using mud tires to boot.