Shootin for 12s, thoughts on injector/turbo combinations

You could get a combo that offers excellent power without all the smoke and lag.

Laggy trucks are less than fun on the street, and you will grow tired of the clouds following you as well. No to mention the unsafe situations that can occur when you black out traffic. I was following a truck a while back that was slightly wounded and smoked pretty bad off the line. I had to lay waaaaaay back to ensure that there was not a car or kid in the cloud that I was going to be driving through.

What goal HP do you have in Mind? I know you want 12's, but there is a difference between 12.99 and low 12's. Id say a 64/14 as mentioned above and a 150ish injector (depending on brand) should get you where you wanna be without excessive lag or smoke.

Somewhere between a 12.7 and a 12.5 consistently would keep me very happy. I dunno, only 150s? You gotta keep in mind I'm a big truck, extended cab, long box, 35" tires, lol.

Well, Not all 150's are created equal.... Some are smokier than others, and some make more power.

530-550 should get you there MPH wise, ET will be affected by how well you can hook it.

I think that a 64/71/14 and mach 5s would be a perfect setup, I have that same setup on a 99 manual and the thing ran great, it was on 36s with 3:55 gears and pulled hard on the highway and egts wee good, Also when you dont want smoke its possible! the 64 spools nice with the mach 5s, that setup should put you right were you are looking to be.
The 99 with the 64 and 5s username is gododge99 If you want to ask him questions, I just did his truck a couple months ago

I think some of you posted some way overkill setup's for 12.5-12.7, I've ran the time in my sig 4 times with 2.0 sec 60' times with full weight and my "little" 64 turbo and mach 6's, daily driving with comp on 1 I get no smoke unless i want some and lag is very livable.

There are many ways to get where you want to be. None of them are truely wrong. A lot depends on how much racing you plan on doing, and what type of racing. Are you looking at running brackets with NHRA, or just going to friday night at the drags and match racing? Do you plan on racing every weekend, or just a few times during the summer?

You WILL want a Rad. 01's and 02's are dogs off the line with out them. It's not only the 60' times but how well the truck initially reacts off the line, which will affect your reaction times. Just make sure you beef up the drive train to handle hard launches. Make sure your "local shop" is up to building a race trans. If they don't have much exerience building 47RE's for racing you will be better off in the long run having a company that does build the trans for you.

If you plan on racing a lot, then my advice to you is to plan a head to end up with a set of twins. If you can't afford them now, purchase a single turbo that will work great as a top turbo. Such as a 62/71/14. IMO twins are way more streetable for the same amount of air flow, and a lot more reliable. I would have saved a lot of money, by going right to twins.

I prefer to go oversized on the injectors and then turn the electronics down. My truck runs much more consistient that way. The most consistient my truck has ever been was running a drag comp on 4x5, and F1 Mach 6's. I've won more races with the combination then any other.

Paul

Truck will be hitting the local track pretty much every friday to get her dialed in, and am planning on hitting at least two of the NHRDA events in my neck of the woods, if possible, hit the third one as well. Yeah mechanical power tends to be more reliable than electronic power, haha. As for spending money, its only money and you can always make more of it haha.

So question for those running the BD rad, does it come with a switch or do you have to wire one yourself, cause my friend has a Rad in her truck and its on a switch so was just curious.

the only thing not cool about the RAD box is that you lose your Tachometer when u turn off the Tq Managment

Hmmm, I can read my rpms on my pulse monitor, wonder if that'll be affected as well. Any other suggestions folks.

My Pulse would not display RPM's with the Rad on. The only thing I have found that does is the redline box. I just leave on boost anyway. I only look at the rpm's to see what it shifts at, and never during a race.

Paul

Yeah I don't care about RPMS for launching, just nice to know what your fueling to sometimes when doing wot runs.