Short bed swap.

Lostnwalmart

So I'm doing a short bed swap and can't decide if I should just keep it stock with cal tracs or do a 4 link for the suspension. And for the fuel tank stock 25 gallon tank the shorted 1500's had or a 15 gallon fuel cell or a 20 gallon fuel cell. What do you guys think?? I want a street/strip toy that looks good too LOL

my duallie hooks up with just cal tracs. i wish i had a stock tank tho so i could run super street instead of pro street

I like my leaf springs and caltracs cliff. I would do the factory 1/2 ton tank too but I put alot of miles on mine.

Do they all use the same straps? I guess that way I know the factory gauge will still work. I want atleast a 300 mile range so I can go to events

You will have to make the front strap work. Mine is a factory one that wraps around and bolts up with the carrier bearing.

just get a tank form a short bed truck. you have to weld a stud to the bottom of the cab for the front strap to hook up to. i used a 1/2 ton gas tank the first time. the second time i used a diesel tank from a short bed ex cab.

Picked the bed up today, I'm gettin excited
3df396da.jpg

back half it and you will loose a lot of weight also. use a 9'' rear end might be a lot of money upfront but in the end i think it would be worth it

cant decide if i want to do that yet or not, i know it would be great but i also want to keep is dd friendly

You could already have the frame cut if you would make up your mind, just sayin.

I'm leaning towards doing a four link when I cut mine down. Take pictures of everything either way.

Good luck.

shadup pete! Ill go with stock leafs and caltracs with the dana 70 there choice made, next break i get from work ill be chopping the frame for the swap, should have all the parts needed accumulated by then. Will a 1500 short bed single cab drive shaft work or should i just get one made?

LOLLOLLOL

I am just too cheap four a 4 link. I actually have a carrier bearing on mine but I plan to have a 1 piece drive shaft made.

Well I figured while I was doing the short bed swap ill do some cosmetic upgrades to the truck as well (cant have a shortie and it look stock!)
94ec7cf0.jpg

for the front end plus the black one piece black head lights
93d11ab6.jpg

for the hood it being cf i may just not paint it wont be able to decide that till i get the truck painted and put the hood on there and maybe a black hood stack :w2:.
df7dc3d5.jpg

that is the color im thinking about

You and me are pretty much doing the same thing but my trucks a 3rd gen.
Might wana check the viper green I think it looks way better.

Back