Short bed swap.

Damn I want one of those bumpers! It is gonna look good man!!!!

I like my caltracs quite a bit. I like my 1/2 ton fuel tank too but I drive mine everyday. Sounds like a fun build.

Ok so running into a issue what hood stack to run flat top low slope miter or a deep 45* miter? I'm leaning more towards a low slope miter or flat top. Hmm so many choices. It's been a very fun build so far and is getting so close to being finished performance and cosmetic wise I can't wait.

If I could get away with a hoodstack here I would dos chrome 7" with a 45°miter and a flat black or CF hood.

I couldn't cut that cf hood for a hood stack...

I agree with ya so I ended up getting the fiber glass version and saved $500. ordered all the body parts today and some electric fans. I dont know if you guys have noticed but these trucks get expensive :doh: as far as the hood stack goes im going to see how it all goes together, but I"m 90% sure I'm going to do it.

should be a fun build. i was thinking bout doing this myself but was thinking bout starting with 1/2 ton

Well I started with a half ton and managed to put almost all the 3/4 ton suspension under it. All I have to do is swap spindles and rotors and it will be a 3/4 ton. I'm putting caltracs or a form of them on mine.

Well I started with a half ton and managed to put almost all the 3/4 ton suspension under it. All I have to do is swap spindles and rotors and it will be a 3/4 ton. I'm putting caltracs or a form of them on mine.

SO would you do the half ton again or rather start w a 3/4 and shorten it?

SO would you do the half ton again or rather start w a 3/4 and shorten it?

Well I'm on a tight budget and had everything to make it 3/4 ton suspension so I went that route. If I had the money it would have got a 4 linked Ford 9".

Considering what your doing with that truck, why would you do all that work and not ladder bar or 4 link it??
Please explain that logic to me...

Back