should i buy back?

ChaseN

Jobless/Truckless
for those of you who do not know, on march 11, 2007 my beautiful truck caught on fire in middle of the night. investigators are still trying to find the cause of the fire. they call me about once a week asking more questions. so i finally asked the question, "where is my truck located?" .. they told me where it was and it is still untouched from the condition it left my driveway in.
it is located at an auction company. they told me i will get first dibs on it and will possibly be sold for $4,500. should i buy it back?

BEFORE:
702209044_l.jpg

1173768540_l.jpg

AFTER:
attachment2.jpg

attachment9.jpg

attachment7.jpg

attachment6.jpg

attachment5.jpg

attachment3.jpg

if i do buy it back, i already have a 12v i will drop in it.

what do you guys think, honestly.

If you have the engine........ GO FOR IT! a Ford with a Cummins, doesn't get any better.

Hell no, it will never be the same, run like your ass is on fire, (no pun intended) from it.

i bet there is more than 4500$ worth of parts you could sell off of it, just to make some money!

o man that will buff out all you need is some meguiars and it will fix anything restores that shine

o and on an honest note remember if you buy it back even if you replace everything as far as the dash goes when you turn your heater or vent on it will smell like someone let the smoke out of the dash not to mention a wireing nightmare for some of the stuff that may have gotthen hot and not melted but shorted together in places you dont know about yet

It's not as easy to fix as you may think. I would not buy it to rebuild. If you needed parts it might me a good source.

is there $4,500 worth of parts at least? if so i will buy back and just sell the parts on it.

ooh & for those of you wanting that great 03 turbo, i got one for ya hahahaha

Can you negotiate the purchase price? I wouldn't want to pay $4500 for that truck, but if you could get the price down a bit you could part it out and make some money

Question, does the cab come off? ...if it does (being dumb here), why not just replace the whole cab? If you're going to "make" something...why not? Then again, if you wanted it for a parts truck I'd shoot for 3,400.

Question, does the cab come off? ...if it does (being dumb here), why not just replace the whole cab? If you're going to "make" something...why not? Then again, if you wanted it for a parts truck I'd shoot for 3,400.

Almost my exact thoughts.

What would your plans for it be if you did drop in a 12v?

I'd pass on it. Fire more than likely weakened the frame through annealing from the heat. if nothing else, the spring mounts will be shot or weak... For a daily driver maybe, but if you're looking to throw a bigger engine and build it up, I think you'd be starting with a weak foundation. Plus, as everyone else noted, the wiring gremlins would be a friggin nightmare unless you drop a new cab on it.

it's a lot of work for a minimal gain in cost savings.

IF i did buy this back with plans to run again, i would only drop a 12v in it just because i have the engine/tranny already. the fire was only going for an hour or so, with constant water on it whole time.

i think i am just going to let it sit at the auction place and see what it goes for.
if it goes for a rediculous amount like 2,500 or something then i'll bid otherwise they can have it.

Back